new audiophile phone lenovo vibe x3
Nov 17, 2015 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Sound Eq

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Lenovo-makes-the-Vibe-X3-official-stereo-speakers-dedicated-audio-chip-21-MP-camera_id75820

there u have it a new audiophile phone that can compete with lg v10

anyone who gets hands on please share your experience

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 21
hopefully packed with same amp as LG too, grey import of LG v10 in my country are ridiculously pricey at the moment.

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 21
Hello 

I got the Mobile last week in $294 previously i was using Vivo Y27L and Vivo Xshot and Fiio X1. i was using it specially for music.
Lenovo Vibe X3 stunning in specs i never heard LG V10 it never launch in India but specs vise both are similar specs except few things
both has same 32 bit Hi-Fi DAC same Snapdragon processor but Lenovo using using different amplifier they are using Texas instrument 3xTI-OPA1612 chips and LG V10 used Sabre 9602 plus Lenovo has 21MP camera IMX230 but no OIS . 
Lets talk about Sound quality 

one down side of this mobile is Lenovo doesn't have stock player . they introduce this mobile as AUDIOPHILE but without stock player. google player i hate and it doesn't support for some flac format. so i bought Power amp and Neturon music app.
i have used headphones
Fidue A73
HIFIMAN re-400I (waterline edition)
Vsonic Gr07
Havi B3 Pro 1

Sound quality is amazing if i compere with  Fiio X1 or X3 , or Vivo Xshot they really done Great JOB in terms of Audio processing 
we talk about Marshal London where they used Wolfson Audio Hub Wolfson WM8281 and same audio hub used in Lenovo Vibe X3 but for Calling or Recording purpose that is BIG plus point. and price and specs are more more better than Marshal London
Instrument Separation is great , Clean Bass and that is tight and punchy (Not BASSY) Sound stage is BIG also Great via IEM's and clarity and Treble is Clean. they also has Dolby Atom tech but that is for stereo speakers and it is loud and clear special bass is also great. 
this mobile has 2 options to improve audio due to battery . if you use Turbo HiFi than battery consumption will be more but you get audio quality what you looking in Mobile and this mobile also very loud as well via 3.5mm jack but i feel really great when listen A r raheman tracks they are many instrument that i never heard it before and you can feel every instrument VERY CLEAR and very Clear. i am really impressed with audio quality of this mobile specially the price tag they carry it really great experience and happy that company like Lenovo attempt something we are waiting for . but should have there own Stock player something shows that HIFI version like Sony / HTC or Vivo used it. i love Vivo's Imusic player BBK Equalizer worked very well on that mobiles. that's my thought about mobile
is any one know that as you know both mobile has 2 different amplifiers which one is good?? , i never heard LG v10 so cant comment how Sabre 9601 worked.

Let me know how is small review on audio quality of Lenovo Vibe x3 however i can bet you its any time WAY better than Marshal London in terms audio quality and price tag

i have attached all the pics

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 21
long time since i subscribe to this thread.

hows the phone handle havi? been thinkng about getting havi soon.

have u tested with large impedance headphones?

BTW I love AR Rahman too

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #5 of 21
Havi B3 worked very well. the headphones are little power hunger than other headphones but sounded amazing. are you from india too?? if you b3 pro1 check Olx

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 21
good to know it handle havi fine. It seems theres only 1 version of vibe x3 available in my country that I know of - the priciest one sadly.

i'm from Malaysia, theres lots of indian communities here and of course many people heard of AR Rahman albeit from hindi movie (indian = watch south indian movie, Malay = watch Hindi movie) :wink:

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #7 of 21
Yes i listen Raheman's track. all i have in Flac 16bit India never improved on 24bit audio due to illegal download of MP3. i bought CD's and converted in to flac to get best audio quality 
Raheman has unique style of music you can feel every instrument so clear his music of 90s and till today style never changed and loved the unique way of music. Good to know outside of India. Raheman is popular offcourse in US and UK and china also he composed music for them as well

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #8 of 21
Hi There Farees,

I'm seriously looking to buy this phone despite the bad reviews of the camera, only for the SABRE DAC.

But I need to know the output wattage of the phone before I finalise it,

Can you please measure the output voltage & amperage of headphone out.

Coz if it can't power power my hd 280 pro, I ain't buying it.

Feb 29, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #9 of 21
Thank you so much for the great review ! I am getting this phone i have a Fiio x1 already but not happy with the sound

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #10 of 21
I tried 150ohm Yuin PK1 on this phone and AKG K701 also. It can drive both. AKG has nice dynamic and punchy bass but volume on the highest level is still listenable so not really as strong as a headphone amplifier (In Tidal application - which is total crap on android. With Neutron player is volume much higher). Yuins on the highest volume level are too loud to listen.
If I compare sound X3 with Xonar Asus ST (with default amps, connected over Dispre V4 or right into the xonar) I like X3 sound more. It has same clearness but I would say X3 sound is more gentle. In pair with Soundmagic E80 I really like my new combo :)
As farees said, you have to use some good player like Neutron. Headphones in package are ok but X3 really offers much more than those buds can deliver.
X3 has really nice sound, on the other side camera is bad. I expected so much more with those numbers. But you don't care about camera on Hifi Forum:)
Sorry for my english.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back