NEW audiophile Cable Company
Jan 5, 2002 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 26
Their OXYFUEL interconnect is sexy, cheap too. =)
"($24.40 / stereo foot) plus
$30 for termination."
So that would be $54.40 for a mini-RCA cable from ZuCable.

I still want DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1 interconnect terminated to mini-stereo RCA cable though (don't care if I have to pay $100 or more, these are simply the best cables I've ever came across)

Jan 5, 2002 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 26
Odd coincidence. I've been using the BL-1 with a Rat Shack adapter for my PCDP. I just ordered some of the BL-1 unterminated, along with RCA and miniplug connectors, so I can make a cable and get rid of the adapter.

Welborne Labs sells the BL-1 cable at $3.50/foot, unterminated.

Jan 5, 2002 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 26
They've been out for several months, but there aren't that many reviews that I've seen.

Jan 6, 2002 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 26
They've been out for a while indeed, I have their "Firemine" digital IC... I hardly can tell a difference from this and bare wire so I am still skeptic on the digital cable bit.

I believe they are the people behind the Kimber select series and their cables are good from reviews at audio asylum.

Jan 6, 2002 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 26
Oh and I asked Zucable once about a mini to rca cable... they said they can use their top of the line "Warmouth" cable (without some sheath) for the cable for short runs for $100.

Jan 6, 2002 at 3:04 AM Post #7 of 26
Audioc.com sells the BL-1 cable for $3.25 a foot. And if you order more than $50 (alot of interconnects
biggrin.gif
) it's free shipping.

Jan 6, 2002 at 4:45 AM Post #8 of 26
Wha??? $3.25 as in Three dollars and twenty five cents US currency per foot? OMG, awesome!!! That's so cheap dude, I'm so stoked! I'm gonna buy like $500 worth. Now I gotta find perfect connectors and a professional that will terminate them for me. (Who makes really good connectors? I also need a few 1/8" 3.5mm stereo plugs.)

Jan 6, 2002 at 5:07 AM Post #9 of 26
I've ordered miniplugs from Neutrik and Switchcraft...my bet is that the Neutrik is the one to use. For PCDP cable I'm going to use Canare right angled RCA's (space issues). I've also ordered a set of the DH-Labs RCA's (might as well make an interconnect of their cable and connector paired and see what it sounds like). Cardas makes good RCA connectors, and if you want to go all out, there's always WBT...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 6, 2002 at 7:39 AM Post #12 of 26
WBT is a brand of connectors that are a tad pricier than most. A set of their midline RCA's will run you about $80/four. A set of their top of the line RCA's will run quite a bit more than that....

If you're considering them, Welborne Labs gives 10% off orders over $150...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 6, 2002 at 8:19 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
What, 20 bucks for one connector(chunk of metal)? Lol, ridiculous.

Nah, that's only for the cheap ones
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 6, 2002 at 8:36 AM Post #15 of 26
That's pooptified, I'm not paying premiums for connectors, lol, screw WBT. I just want a solid construction connector with good signal transfer and firm contact surface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back