New Audio-Technicas: CK90PRO, ON300, WM55
Aug 20, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #16 of 21
i like the colours of the limited ON300. no doubt the counterfeiters will be in hot pursuit.

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The color selection on the ON300 is really awful, they should have used the old ON3 colors.

For reference, below is a pic of the available colors on the ON3. (NOTE: The white ON3 is no longer in production.)

2ninqlc.jpg

I definitely prefer the earth tone colors of the ON3, which really complement the understated design. The brighter hues of the ON300 really look cheap in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i like the colours of the limited ON300. no doubt the counterfeiters will be in hot pursuit.

I think the silver and even the gold look great. Regarding counterfeiters, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the main motivation for AT to release this new model, though there are improvements to the design like the aforementioned softer earpads and the change in the shape of the wire headband. I wonder they made any improvements to the sound.

Aug 22, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #20 of 21
the colours are horrible on the on300
frown.gif

as someone said above, the earth tones make them look more classy - these bright brash ones make them look quite cheap and plasticky. Maybe they'll grow on me and I'll get one

I just bought the white on3, might get another colour if i like them.

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #21 of 21
Does anyone know where one might be able to purchase the ON300s online? The only seller I could find was audiocubes but their markup seems a bit on the high side (esp. once you consider shipping + tax in NY).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back