[NEW] Audio Technica portable headphones - ATH-AX1, ATH-AX3 and ATH-AX5 discussion thread
Jun 7, 2014 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TripBitShooter

500+ Head-Fier
Audio Technica debuted their new portable SonicFuel over-the-ear headphones at CES 2014. Please post your reviews and impressions of them here :). there are also the iS versions of these with the mic and volume remote.

ATH-AX1iS

ATH-AX3iS

ATH-AX5

Personally I find that they look really cool :D but the design may not appeal to everyone.

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 4
well reading the review, it seems like they have the chararcteristic weakness of budget audio technica's: Severely recessed midrange and recessed treble

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #4 of 4
I got one of these, using the rakuten coupon last weekend, cost me 54$ total. I can't post any pics because I already packed it up and shipped it back for site credit!

Here's the deal: I am an Audio Technica fan, the a900 being one of my all time faves. I have enjoyed all but the lowest end Audio Technica headphones. These intrigued me up until I opened the box. They are very small, feel cheap and flimsy, and the earpads kind of crinkle when you squeeze them. They look and feel like a budget Chinese headphone. They are comfortable enough, very lightweight, decent looking. 

The sound- mid bass emphasis of course, recessed in the upper mids and treble. very unlike most audio technicas. These are aimed towards the beats-bose-sol-consumer crowd. Ok enough when hooked up to your phone, but your nice system shows the flaws. 

To be honest- if these were well built like their other headphones, or if they were cheaper, I could recommend them for what they are. But the going $70 price and the flimsy build are a disgrace to Audio Technica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back