NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400
Mar 9, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #211 of 405
Hey, glad to see these are picking up steam. I got these recently and they are truly fantastic, I agree with all the impressions here. However I need money for a new gaming rig so I'm letting go of mine for now. Please check out my listing if you're interested.

​ 

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #212 of 405
Copied from IM series thread
"Just tried the E40, a/b with my IM50 reveal more neutral sound sig with flatter mid base. It still retain IM50's vocal rep, albeit a tiny bit, for lack of better word more "trebl-y". Doesnt have as black of background as my XBA100, but it does sounds more airy."
Conclusion: If I'm asked what IEM on a budget I'd choose if I can only keep one, it be the E40, as it excel in 2 genre of music I listen most: Female Vocal Centric pop and Acoustic. But as I have both the IM and XBA and they do better for each, I'd pass the chance.

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #213 of 405
Copied from IM series thread
"Just tried the E40, a/b with my IM50 reveal more neutral sound sig with flatter mid base. It still retain IM50's vocal rep, albeit a tiny bit, for lack of better word more "trebl-y". Doesnt have as black of background as my XBA100, but it does sounds more airy."
Conclusion: If I'm asked what IEM on a budget I'd choose if I can only keep one, it be the E40, as it excel in 2 genre of music I listen most: Female Vocal Centric pop and Acoustic. But as I have both the IM and XBA and they do better for each, I'd pass the chance.

Interesting, I've demoed the IM70 and E40, and very briefly the LS70 and LS200 (no time for LS50,300).

To me the E40 really smokes the IM70 in clarity and naturalness of sound across genres. The interesting thing is the LS70 feels too me a very big step up in sound from IM70, still bassy but less muddy and more energetic overall.

It may not be a bad thing, but i found the LS200 very flat and uninteresting. Precisely that may have been coherent tuning not sending any red flags to my ears, but i will need to go back and listen again. Definitely can see where others' LS200 opinions are coming from though. I'm just thinking I'm getting twice the sound of the E40 as where i am the E40 goes for half the price of the LS200 :)

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #214 of 405
It may not be a bad thing, but i found the LS200 very flat and uninteresting. 

They are just very close to neutral sounding, and yes, they do not build a 3D stage like many multidriver IEM. They are not supposed to do it I believe. 

Mar 12, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #215 of 405
Interesting, I've demoed the IM70 and E40, and very briefly the LS70 and LS200 (no time for LS50,300).

To me the E40 really smokes the IM70 in clarity and naturalness of sound across genres. The interesting thing is the LS70 feels too me a very big step up in sound from IM70, still bassy but less muddy and more energetic overall.

It may not be a bad thing, but i found the LS200 very flat and uninteresting. Precisely that may have been coherent tuning not sending any red flags to my ears, but i will need to go back and listen again. Definitely can see where others' LS200 opinions are coming from though. I'm just thinking I'm getting twice the sound of the E40 as where i am the E40 goes for half the price of the LS200
smily_headphones1.gif

better try the e70.

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #216 of 405

It may not be a bad thing, but i found the LS200 very flat and uninteresting. Precisely that may have been coherent tuning not sending any red flags to my ears, but i will need to go back and listen again. Definitely can see where others' LS200 opinions are coming from though. I'm just thinking I'm getting twice the sound of the E40 as where i am the E40 goes for half the price of the LS200 :)

So which is better out of E40 and LS70?

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #217 of 405
  They are just very close to neutral sounding, and yes, they do not build a 3D stage like many multidriver IEM. They are not supposed to do it I believe. 

Yup looks like it. How does staging compare to your Etys?

better try the e70.

I didn't want to as that is too far out of my budget...

So which is better out of E40 and LS70?

I personally prefer E40 as I listen to a large range of genres so I need something flatter. However the LS70 does give a good bass kick that can work depending on what you listen to. Anyhow it is better than the IM70 so it's not a bad option too. E40 is less ergonomically shaped if we compare the design.

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #218 of 405

Yup looks like it. How does staging compare to your Etys?

Close. SR may go a little deeper I think. Staging to me is quite an abstract notion since I listen to mainly bands with 2 guitars, 1 bass, 1 drum )))
You should try 3-4 driver BA if you need a wider/deeper sound stage.
I'm personally not a big fan of a multidriver IEMs but waiting for the E70 as an addition to my collection. 

May 9, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #222 of 405
Would anyone be able to give a comparison on the bass and lower mids of: e40, ls50, ls70?
I am just buying these iems to salvage the drivers so as to integrate into my custom hybrids whose dds blew

May 31, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #224 of 405
Those Twin Blades really does look unique... How does the feel change from for example, the CP100 model? does it help getting seal for your case?

May 31, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #225 of 405
Those Twin Blades really does look unique... How does the feel change from for example, the CP100 model? does it help getting seal for your case?
Yes, they stay in your ears regardless what you do at the moment, especially on the go. Since you insert them deeper they seal also better. I have ordered one pair of CP220 as well.
I did not notice any changes in sound vs single blade spinfit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back