NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400
Jan 19, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #121 of 405
LS200 is the way to go , it sounded the most expensive amongst the rest in my blind test . 
All of my friends feel the same too . We tested the entire line up without knowing the price and models . 

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #122 of 405
Hrmmm... How do "epensive" sounds? I always think after passing the "good enough" mark it all about sound preference, gains in other sectors especially in technicality is usually quite small and in some cases needs certain amplification and music source to shine through.

Jan 20, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #123 of 405
Hrmmm... How does "expensive" sound? I always think after passing the "good enough" mark it all about sound preference, gains in other sectors especially in technicality is usually quite small and in some cases needs certain amplification and music source to shine through.

That's up to your own discretion and judgement, everyone has different ideas about something being "expensive", and more so something that sounds good.

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #124 of 405
The LS400 sounds good from new but burn in helps
I put it hooked up to my iDSD on normal power setting and played a lot of music over the last 2 weeks or more. The highs, miss and bass improves .. there is more sparkle in the highs .. mids are more expressive and bass firms up
The 2nd largest silicon tips still sound the right sound balance for me...
Have done comparisons extensively with my HE560 and HD800 ...
the sound balance, the sonic staging, not up to my 2 full size HP but it is not so bad at all...the LS400 is good for me as a daily go to IEM
For my tastes it is good for almost all genres of music
Hope this helps
Happy listening

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #125 of 405
The LS400 sounds good from new but burn in helps
I put it hooked up to my iDSD on normal power setting and played a lot of music over the last 2 weeks or more. The highs, miss and bass improves .. there is more sparkle in the highs .. mids are more expressive and bass firms up
The 2nd largest silicon tips still sound the right sound balance for me...
Have done comparisons extensively with my HE560 and HD800 ...
the sound balance, the sonic staging, not up to my 2 full size HP but it is not so bad at all...the LS400 is good for me as a daily go to IEM
For my tastes it is good for almost all genres of music
Hope this helps
Happy listening

The normal setting is way too high for the LS400, what is your normal knob at? 9oclock?

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #126 of 405
No I think I was not clear .. just burning in
.. at normal power setting but low volume And not plugged into my ears
I use ECO and Hi -eff setting with volume at about 10.30. - 11 o'clock when listening ... more than loud enough
Otherwise way too loud
LS 400 needs burn in and I find that when the volume setting is too loud when the the sound becomes too forward and upfront..
it is a high efficiency IEM .. I don't play Louder than just below 50% on my IPhone 6 Plus using the iAudiogate player
Usually one volume click less than 50%
My Personal view ( I know there are views that the LS 400 is meh ... but it has a neutral sound balance to my tastes)
Just for comparison I tested the MH335DW Universal at Jaben... yes it sounded Great but the timing was 'impressive' in my opinion.. And I use an totally tube / Horn speaker system ...
It has a Juice up Mid range and the omnipresent bass does not blend with the juiced up mid range..
So Sound is all personal tastes unless something is truly Broken
Happy listening

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #127 of 405
No I think I was not clear .. just burning in
.. at normal power setting but low volume And not plugged into my ears
I use ECO and Hi -eff setting with volume at about 10.30. - 11 o'clock when listening ... more than loud enough
Otherwise way too loud
LS 400 needs burn in and I find that when the volume setting is too loud when the the sound becomes too forward and upfront..
it is a high efficiency IEM .. I don't play Louder than just below 50% on my IPhone 6 Plus using the iAudiogate player
Usually one volume click less than 50%
My Personal view ( I know there are views that the LS 400 is meh ... but it has a neutral sound balance to my tastes)
Just for comparison I tested the MH335DW Universal at Jaben... yes it sounded Great but the timing was 'impressive' in my opinion.. And I use an totally tube / Horn speaker system ...
It has a Juice up Mid range and the omnipresent bass does not blend with the juiced up mid range..
So Sound is all personal tastes unless something is truly Broken
Happy listening

I do not understand why you would "intentionly" set the IDSD at normal gain to burn in but given your comment that the volume was minimum at normal gain, there is a possibility of channel imbalance. You could have just set eco and burn in at moderate volume.....

There are quite a few great sounding reference IEM and although they may not all sound to my preference they usually do not sound bad or broken, the LS400 was wayyy off the chart for me. Let's wait for more user reviews....

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #128 of 405
Yeh I am off to Tokyo again ... time to hunt for more IEMs
Sure thing let more user reviews be posted ... guess it took me quite a bit of effort to tune my HD800 and He560 ... so for a daily use IEM I am quite satisfied with the LS400...
happy listening

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #130 of 405
Hi. I'm looking for the on the go IEM, 1 or 2 driver, neutral, flat linear bass with a fast attack.
I'm a fan of Etymotic so I hate multidriver basshead warm type IEMs. 
I can live with Etymotic only but they are more for indoor listening with my DAC/amp.

Do you think the LS200 can be somewhat flat and neutral?
I have the E50 single driver BA today but the're very basic and simple and can not seriously compete with ER4SR.
Thanks.

P.S. just ordered from Japan. Too late to ask ))

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #132 of 405

LS200 looks pretty flat from these measurements, although not Etymotic flat. I'm planning to buy these too, how much did they cost you ?
Please do post your impressions/comparisons once you receive them.

I found the ls200 for 24800 yen at Amazon.co. jp

Well, for outdoor usage I can accept a little bit more bass than in 4SR)) 

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #133 of 405
Can anybody compare E50 with LS200? Thanks. 
I understand that this 1 BA vs 2 BA but I own the E50 and know how they sound, just would like to understand what the difference I get with the LS200.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #135 of 405
  Hi. I'm looking for the on the go IEM, 1 or 2 driver, neutral, flat linear bass with a fast attack.
I'm a fan of Etymotic so I hate multidriver basshead warm type IEMs. 
I can live with Etymotic only but they are more for indoor listening with my DAC/amp.

Do you think the LS200 can be somewhat flat and neutral?
I have the E50 single driver BA today but the're very basic and simple and can not seriously compete with ER4SR.
Thanks.

P.S. just ordered from Japan. Too late to ask ))

They should be closest to the Ety in terms of sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back