New Audio Technica Headamp
Oct 30, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #16 of 31
Very nice choices: built-in EQ; 1/4" and 1/8" headphone jacks; switchable impedances.

And that wooden clippy is gorgeous.

Oct 30, 2003 at 9:54 AM Post #17 of 31
It looks like there is an "auto-impendance" switch. Now, that is clever.

However, like other Japanese manufactures. There is "bass" and "treble" controls. Something that most people won't use but most Japanese manufacture would place inside their products.

Hope there is a "direct" botton.

Oct 30, 2003 at 3:46 PM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Silver
I wonder why nobody tries these AT amps here.

To me, this one seems more interesting than any other amp, cause of the tone controls and the fact that its at and I have at phones.

but to answer the question: cause its so damm expensive!! for 2500$ you can buy a headroom max with stepped attenuator and have over 600$ left to spend...

The ha2002 isnt that much, but still very expensive and theres just about no info or comments on it in english and you cant try it out for yourself first eiher...

If I won the lottery then Id buy one of each of the at amps

Oct 31, 2003 at 1:28 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Bonkura
To me, this one seems more interesting than any other amp, cause of the tone controls and the fact that its at and I have at phones.

but to answer the question: cause its so damm expensive!! for 2500$ you can buy a headroom max with stepped attenuator and have over 600$ left to spend...

The ha2002 isnt that much, but still very expensive and theres just about no info or comments on it in english and you cant try it out for yourself first eiher...

If I won the lottery then Id buy one of each of the at amps

You don't think it will be available at a large discount, as Japanese electronics usually are?

Oct 31, 2003 at 2:01 AM Post #21 of 31
Extra Sexy...Look at this back...no analog inputs, and EQ built in, tones controls, the dream came true......wow!!!

autec1_2.jpg

Nov 1, 2003 at 9:16 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
You don't think it will be available at a large discount, as Japanese electronics usually are?

You're new here, aren'tcha?
biggrin.gif

These are high-end equipment, they're not discounted so much. Audiocubes is actually your best bet, short of having a friend in Japan, if you're interested in buying one new. They're kind of like having a paid-for friend there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2003 at 3:12 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by dokebi
I want to see the inside.

Get one, and open it for us......
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 1, 2003 at 3:39 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
These are high-end equipment, they're not discounted so much. Audiocubes is actually your best bet, short of having a friend in Japan, if you're interested in buying one new. They're kind of like having a paid-for friend there.

Yes, Audiocubes has nice equipment and reasonableprices. But since I often travel to Japan, I find I can usually negotiate a good discount in person. If you read Japanese (I do) you can find even better deals on the web. Sometimes, even on high-end equipment, if it is actually in multiple stores, one can typically get 1/3 to 1/2 off. By the way, if you are going to Japan, I find Osaka's Nihonbashi a much easier place to negotiate good deals than Tokyo's Akihabara.

Nov 2, 2003 at 3:22 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
Yes, Audiocubes has nice equipment and reasonableprices. But since I often travel to Japan, I find I can usually negotiate a good discount in person. If you read Japanese (I do) you can find even better deals on the web. Sometimes, even on high-end equipment, if it is actually in multiple stores, one can typically get 1/3 to 1/2 off. By the way, if you are going to Japan, I find Osaka's Nihonbashi a much easier place to negotiate good deals than Tokyo's Akihabara.

Sweet! Will you be my friend?
smily_headphones1.gif

No seriously, the only reason I said that, is that a lot of us went through this before, with the W2002's and the W100's, and mine was pretty much the conclusion that most of us came to...er...to which most of us came (...?). Most of us don't speak Japanese, and have never been there, and weren't planning on going any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back