New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
Apr 2, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #181 of 958
Karloil could u restate ur impression in greater detail? I have not had time to go down to stereo to try them

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #182 of 958
Karloil could u restate ur impression in greater detail? I have not had time to go down to stereo to try them

Maybe they're manufactured differently. I wasn't too impressed with the regular M50x until maybe a month and a half of having them. They sound a-lot brighter with the bass recessing back and the mids and high being more pronounced from when I first heard them. When I first got them the bass was just ridiculous.

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #183 of 958
That is great!

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #184 of 958
Maybe they're manufactured differently. I wasn't too impressed with the regular M50x until maybe a month and a half of having them. They sound a-lot brighter with the bass recessing back and the mids and high being more pronounced from when I first heard them. When I first got them the bass was just ridiculous.
This has happened to me with other cans, but looking back I think it's just a matter of perception, I have a decent sized music library and sometimes I go through phases where I'll only listen to a certain genre and I use different cans for a while, going back to another set sometimes is weird because your ears have become accustomed to BIG BASS for an example.

(I couldn't stand my shure srh840 for a while because I spent 2 weeks of just ue 6000)

But I'm sure we all know this already

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #185 of 958
Lol same sentiments everywhere

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #186 of 958
I still like the UE 6000 better than these…..the blue look stellar though

Apr 4, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #191 of 958
O.o sennheiser amperior, aluminum or HD 25-1

Apr 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #194 of 958
I just got a pair of ATH-50x headphones and am wanting to use them with a 6 inch stereo cable to my iPod shuffle on my collar. I am also wanting the use the V-MODA Boompro mic with them for gaming. I have been communicating with Audio Technica about them making a locking 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter and they kind of dismissed the idea and referred me to their gaming headphones which really don't meet my needs. I don't want a permanently attached mic and sometimes I need different cables, like with the Boompro mic or iPod shuffle. I really think they are missing a big opportunity here.

Anyway, I am buying a variety of 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapters and am hoping I will be able to shave them down and carve/melt the necessary groove into them to make them fit. I am also contemplating just grinding the locking nub out of the headphone so any small 2.5 mm cord will fit. Or course, this is all assuming the plug is a 2.5 mm, which it very closely resembles but may not in fact be.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10429&cs_id=1042909&p_id=7124&seq=1&format=2

Ii think this adapter has the highest potential at the moment, but others may work better. Hopefully I can find one that will work and update this post with more info. Has anyone else already done this or something similar? I am thinking this will be a better option than a modded ATH-50 because it will not require internal soldering, which I am loath to do. It also wouldn't void my warranty.

http://www.amazon.com/Exclusives%C2%AE-Adapter-Converter-Headphone-Earphone/dp/B00CXX8748/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1396639715&sr=8-5&keywords=2.5+mm+to+3.5+mm+adapter

This one on Amazon could also be a good option if I grind the locking nub out of the headphones.

Any good ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back