New Audio-Gd Reference 8 and Reference 9?!
Apr 4, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #76 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like both, I think the RE7 is a pure girl, but the RE8 is a masked girl but still beautiful.

Hmmm... do I like pure girls or the ones with make up? Choices, choices...
icon10.gif

I do concur that classical sound astonishingly real through RE-1 (considered "pure" like RE-7).

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #77 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by FauDrei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm... do I like pure girls or the ones with make up? Choices, choices...
icon10.gif

I do concur that classical sound astonishingly real through RE-1 (considered "pure" like RE-7).

Pure of course. Ones that need make-up to look pretty are not pretty. Have you ever seen Pamela Anderson without make up? (she's not even pretty with makeup, imo)

Apr 4, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #78 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pure of course. Ones that need make-up to look pretty are not pretty. Have you ever seen Pamela Anderson without make up? (she's not even pretty with makeup, imo)

Pamela Anderson has a face ?
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Apr 5, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #80 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i never even thought she was attractive...ever lol

Speaking of attractive, I am thinking of one day making a custom chassis for my Ref7 to match my Beta22. There are a few reasons why I'd actually consider spending the money to do this:

1) To add remote control support for changing inputs
2) To add a second and possibly third ACSS output, so I could use it for a speaker amp.
3) To add another XLR output with passive I/V conversion, sans 0db buffer.
4) To add an I2S input, if possible
5) To add a word clock output, if possible.
6) To replace all the power wire with better quality wire (since Kingwa only replaced the signal wire and didn't want to do the power wire as he felt the larger wire could snap the PCB in shipping)
7) To make it look nicer and match the custom Beta22 chassis.

However, by the time I would actually get around to doing this (and save up the money for it), he will probably have a new top-of-the-line DAC.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #81 of 93
I have reserved and have paid Ref 9 already one month ago and I wait till now. To be honest, I have got tired already to wait... I still hope that this piece sometime will arrive to me.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #82 of 93
Reference 5 is shipping monday. I do hope she is a "Pure" girl, LOL.

May 10, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #83 of 93
Finally, my REF9 has come.
The first pushing are only very positive! Very pleasant and nice sound.
dt880smile.png

May 17, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #87 of 93
I'm planning on getting my new DAC before my next headphone and recently the Audio-Gd's have grabbed my attention and after a few days I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy something from them.

My budget I'd like to stay below is $1200 and they have several DACs in that price range... Now I like a warm analogue sound to my music-- something where violin, saxophones and acoustic guitars just reach out and grab you, but I also enjoy clarity and detail. The "musical" DAC-3SE and RE9 pop out as they're along my budget, but the DAC9 and DAC19 also fall under and to be honest, I have no idea which way to turn!

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #88 of 93

Quote:
Finally, my REF9 has come.
The first pushing are only very positive! Very pleasant and nice sound.
dt880smile.png

Hello all. Have been lurking these forums for a while now looking for some user feedback on the REF9 DAC..... there is not much banter going on for this model. Likely due to the success of the 'neutral' DAC models maybe.

GSRFliege, have you put many hours on your REF9? Has it become at all more captivating as time and music pass by? I am hoping you, or others, can offer some insight on the nature of this DAC and what it has done for your digital collection. I am planning on using this in 2 channel stereo set up via BNC... no plans for USB at the moment.

Oct 6, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #90 of 93
Interesting. There was not one order on the REF9 for the entire september. How many Ref9 owners is there around here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back