New Audio-Gd Reference 8 and Reference 9?!
Oct 14, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #91 of 93

Don't be a Homer,  save your old chassis
smile_phones.gif
   I've been around audio as a hobby for a long time.  I know the RE7/RE1 will be worth many times its selling price in a few years.  Its an exceptional DAC worth many times its price,  I'm sure Audgio-Gd lost money selling these in order to get a name reputation. 
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i never even thought she was attractive...ever lol

Speaking of attractive, I am thinking of one day making a custom chassis for my Ref7 to match my Beta22. There are a few reasons why I'd actually consider spending the money to do this:

1) To add remote control support for changing inputs
2) To add a second and possibly third ACSS output, so I could use it for a speaker amp.
3) To add another XLR output with passive I/V conversion, sans 0db buffer.
4) To add an I2S input, if possible
5) To add a word clock output, if possible.
6) To replace all the power wire with better quality wire (since Kingwa only replaced the signal wire and didn't want to do the power wire as he felt the larger wire could snap the PCB in shipping)
7) To make it look nicer and match the custom Beta22 chassis.

However, by the time I would actually get around to doing this (and save up the money for it), he will probably have a new top-of-the-line DAC.

Jul 22, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #92 of 93
Reference 8 is great DAC. I like how solid and state it sounding, dynamic and lively... Anybody knows does it sounds similar to Reference 9 from unbalanced outs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back