New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Dec 18, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #5,716 of 11,288
U
Question for people interested in the R7HE vs Terminator comparison, want to suggest a few of your favorite tracks for comparison?

I am looking for a handful of suggestions only, if I get too many requests, I will pick a few random ones. And must be a good recording, not MQA and is on Tidal.
The first track of John Coltrane Blue Train. The first track of Bill Frisell East/West. First of Billie Holiday Solitude in 192/24.

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #5,717 of 11,288
I am at 210 hours of burn-in, and i tend to agree with Jan's obervation, something is missing at this stage.

I decided to try the internal in parallel, instead of the opposite, and i like what i hear more. The parallel mode is better.

Dec 18, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #5,718 of 11,288
Question for people interested in the R7HE vs Terminator comparison, want to suggest a few of your favorite tracks for comparison?

I am looking for a handful of suggestions only, if I get too many requests, I will pick a few random ones. And must be a good recording, not MQA and is on Tidal.
TO send you a sample track, is that what you mean ?

Dec 19, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #5,720 of 11,288

Billie Eilish - Bad Guy & Xanny from When we fall asleep, Where do we go?

Dec 19, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #5,721 of 11,288
Yeah, just the names of your favourite tracks on Tidal.
I don't have Tidal but I use Quboz to buy some downloads so I presume they both may share similar tracks, see if you can find these:

Chopin - Berceuse, played by Francois Dumont
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/c...olonaise-heroic-francois-dumont/3775000078522

Any tracks from Haydn piano sonatas played by Hiroaki Takenouchi:
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/haydn-4-piano-sonatas-hiroaki-takenouchi/3775000078508

They are great piano tracks. Thanks!

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #5,722 of 11,288

Bottom line- which do you prefer and why or is it an "equal but different" issue???

Dec 19, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #5,723 of 11,288
@Jackula
Joan of Arc by Jennifer Warens from her Famous Blue Raincoat album. I am looking for impressions of her voice and Leonard Cohen's voice from this track.
Good Morning Little Schoolgirl by Muddy Waters from Folk Singer (MFSL) album. Impressions of voice and room placement.
Blue Rondo a La Turk by Dave Brubeck from Time Out album. Impressions of all instruments
Blues Oriental by Cannonball Adderley with Milt Jackson from Things Are Getting Better album. Impressions of alto sax, vibraphone and instrument placement.
The Fair Field by Malcolm Arnold from Arnold Overtures. Looking for general impressions of orchestral recording.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #5,725 of 11,288
This morning finally I ordered a R7HE and HE-1 and am very curious how it sounds in with a Master-3. I previously had an NFB-1.38 + NFB-1AMP + A1 and two month ago I upgraded to a Master-1 and Master-3...
Next month I‘ll complete the chain with a DI-20HE.

Wow, nice upgrade!!

Please tell us your impressions once you receive them. Specially if you can compare the HE-1 with the Master 1. I have the latter and its a great preamp, I love it. But I guess the HE-1 must be a music monster!

Good luck.

Dec 20, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #5,726 of 11,288
This morning finally I ordered a R7HE and HE-1 and am very curious how it sounds in with a Master-3. I previously had an NFB-1.38 + NFB-1AMP + A1 and two month ago I upgraded to a Master-1 and Master-3...
Next month I‘ll complete the chain with a DI-20HE.

Congratulations. That is a REAL step up to the higher legue. You will not regret it.

Jan 1, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #5,727 of 11,288
Kingwa just launched 10 limited customized HE-7 Singularity with 8 pcs PCM1704UK ( Can't support DSD ) , built in Regenerative power supply , Accusilicon clocks and USB isolator.

The look from outside will be the same as R7HE, but inside will be HE-7 Singularity

If we focus only on PCM decoding, which one is better when comparing between R7HE and HE-7 Singularity ? Any pros and cons would be nice as well. Thanks.

http://www.audio-gd.com/En audio-gd.htm

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #5,728 of 11,288
Kingwa just launched 10 limited customized HE-7 Singularity with 8 pcs PCM1704UK ( Can't support DSD ) , built in Regenerative power supply , Accusilicon clocks and USB isolator.

The look from outside will be the same as R7HE, but inside will be HE-7 Singularity

If we focus only on PCM decoding, which one is better when comparing between R7HE and HE-7 Singularity ? Any pros and cons would be nice as well. Thanks.

The r7 has better highs, better neutrality and soundstaging/imaging. the pcm1704k is more euphonic and has a big bass. I like both a lot.

Jan 1, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #5,729 of 11,288

Outside will look the same as R7HE, but inside will be HE-7 Singularity

The PCM1704UK is a red listed spieces. It is very pleasant to listen to. With the FPGA based Singularity board, it is one of the best out there for PCM material. In some way Kingwa has got his hands on a batch 1704uk's. It may be among the last ever. Almost a collectors item.

If DSD is of importance for You, You aren't limited with the R2R-decoder boards
/Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back