New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Dec 18, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #753 of 11,279
Hello,

Why out of luck? If I ship down street and something happen, this is same scenario.

Please elucidate what you are referring?
Got 7 parcels from audio-gd using dhl, never had a problem. If something happens, a claim can be made to the carrier. If the equipment is doa or just defective somehow, you can send it back. Shipping will be refunded by audio-gd if the cover was not removed.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #754 of 11,279
Hello,

Why out of luck? If I ship down street and something happen, this is same scenario.

Please elucidate what you are referring

[/QUOTE]

Im referring to information that was passed on to me by others. That Audio gd doesn't declare value to customs and labels it as a DVD player. If that's true, how are you protected for warranty purposes? I'm just going by what I was told, if I'm wrong please fee free to correct me.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #755 of 11,279
Got 7 parcels from audio-gd using dhl, never had a problem. If something happens, a claim can be made to the carrier. If the equipment is doa or just defective somehow, you can send it back. Shipping will be refunded by audio-gd if the cover was not removed.
Okay so what about if it arrives half crushed. What would Audio-gd say to that? Some of my friends told me that they would refuse to honor a return of that level.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #756 of 11,279
Yes, I have ordered several as well... the packaging is superior very sturdy box, comes from Hong Kong.

I am even sure we can work with Qinghua if issue arises. Like you say, if defective will be covered. Also, Qinghua ask if you want to declare different amount for parcel.

I dont understand "good conscience" and "like a r2r7" part of post. Is poster speaking of price? Weight? Because come from far? It same as if I order from California to Colorado and it break during shipping. There is nothing different in scenario, only one is coming further. By logic we cannot ever order any d/a converter by mail from anywhere???

I order Japan a lot - item worth far more than M7 - use sea mail many time.... Sometime take over 3 months to arrive!! always in good condition. Ship all over world, never had issue except one time. not sure why

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #757 of 11,279
Im referring to information that was passed on to me by others. That Audio gd doesn't declare value to customs and labels it as a DVD player. If that's true, how are you protected for warranty purposes? I'm just going by what I was told, if I'm wrong please fee free to correct me.[/QUOTE]

I understand, Audio gd always ask how you would like to declare amount.

So, if you want to declare amount 2500, you can do so and duty will be high. But you will be covered.

But same thing with order anything from any country....no?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #758 of 11,279
Honest question but how do you guys in good conscience order something like a r2r7 knowing that if anything happens to it during shipping your SOL?

most people are prepared to take that gamble with all stuff online, so they can dodge the overhead that keeps a brick and mortar operation running. Our trust is pretty much based on what we read here. But the r2r7 is far from delicate. This weekend I put a 52lbs Yamaha in the mail with a faceplate chock full of delicate dials and switches.

couple years ago i ordered a 99lbs kt88 grant fidelity amp from China - that arrived pristine.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #759 of 11,279
Yes, I have ordered several as well... the packaging is superior very sturdy box, comes from Hong Kong.

I am even sure we can work with Qinghua if issue arises. Like you say, if defective will be covered. Also, Qinghua ask if you want to declare different amount for parcel.

I dont understand "good conscience" and "like a r2r7" part of post. Is poster speaking of price? Weight? Because come from far? It same as if I order from California to Colorado and it break during shipping. There is nothing different in scenario, only one is coming further. By logic we cannot ever order any d/a converter by mail from anywhere???

I order Japan a lot - item worth far more than M7 - use sea mail many time.... Sometime take over 3 months to arrive!! always in good condition. Ship all over world, never had issue except one time. not sure why
Okay. I'd like Just believe you as it would clear up some of the things I heard. I try to take everything I hear at face value. I see no reason why my friends would lie. And I've got no reason to think you would lie either. So currently I'm not sure what to think. Lol. I suppose if you say they ship everything in a big sturdy box all the time there really isn't anything to worry about realistically speaking but acts of god do happen and I'm curious if kingwa would honor any issue. You did bring up one important bit of info about that changes my view on my this. If audio gd only labels shipping as 0$ value if requested, then it would basically be your own damm fault if anything did happen.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #760 of 11,279
most people are prepared to take that gamble with all stuff online, so they can dodge the overhead that keeps a brick and mortar operation running. Our trust is pretty much based on what we read here. But the r2r7 is far from delicate. This weekend I put a 52lbs Yamaha in the mail with a faceplate chock full of delicate dials and switches.

couple years ago i ordered a 99lbs kt88 grant fidelity amp from China - that arrived pristine.
I've seen some pretty badly damaged stuff before. No amount of shipping protection is going to stop a forklift from crushing a box. Really. Nothing.

But again, if audio gd only declares value as nothing on customer request, it'd be the customers fault, not kingwa if anything did happen. I say that as a smart consumer, I would personally never leave a $3000usd product in the hands of local mail, completely uninsured. That's just me tho.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #761 of 11,279
Okay so what about if it arrives half crushed. What would Audio-gd say to that? Some of my friends told me that they would refuse to honor a return of that level.
Which friends?

If the equipement is crushed, it's clearly the carrier's fault, which Kingwa can prove with photos (a photo of each piece of equipment is taken before shipping). I assume at that point that Kingwa will not ship an equipment that was run over by a truck, which is about the only way it could get crushed, given how sturdy his gears are. I don't know if Kingwa takes care of claiming the damage himself but hou can always refuse the parcel if the box is severely damaged. It will be sent back free of charge.

As for warranty, there is no problem with declaration. You declare what you feel right and the fact that it is sent for repair. And then it gets repaired and sent back, free of charge for the shipping back. Life is good, don't make it complicated for nothing.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #762 of 11,279
I would personally never leave a $3000usd product in the hands of local mail
I trust international DHL more than USPS. They ship so fast despite the distance and customs.

BTW I recall seeing under declared values on packages from Yulong and Gustard (as well as "sample"). Its obviously a game they play with customs (though not sure which one)

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #763 of 11,279

Im referring to information that was passed on to me by others. That Audio gd doesn't declare value to customs and labels it as a DVD player. If that's true, how are you protected for warranty purposes? I'm just going by what I was told, if I'm wrong please fee free to correct me.[/QUOTE]
Okay. I'd like Just believe you as it would clear up some of the things I heard. I try to take everything I hear at face value. I see no reason why my friends would lie. And I've got no reason to think you would lie either. So currently I'm not sure what to think. Lol. I suppose if you say they ship everything in a big sturdy box all the time there really isn't anything to worry about realistically speaking but acts of god do happen and I'm curious if kingwa would honor any issue. You did bring up one important bit of info about that changes my view on my this. If audio gd only labels shipping as 0$ value if requested, then it would basically be your own damm fault if anything did happen.

Yes friend! It is right... Please reference the below photo from resent DSP board I purchase:

screenshot.png

We need to add another zero to this price for cost I pay!! Now you are scaring me with image of forklift crushing :cry: my gears....

But I also check other items I receive mainland China. Even HiFiMan also declare 1K headphone as 20 dollar! iBasso also declare 1K player 20 dollar "usb soundcard" but they do not ask.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #764 of 11,279
I'm not lying about the crushed items due to a forklift... just happened to someone I knew a few months ago. They had ordered a receiver. Which is more sturdy if at least just as sturdy as a audio gd dac. It was comically horrifying how badly it was crushed... I'll try and find a picture if possible.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #765 of 11,279
Im referring to information that was passed on to me by others. That Audio gd doesn't declare value to customs and labels it as a DVD player. If that's true, how are you protected for warranty purposes? I'm just going by what I was told, if I'm wrong please fee free to correct me.

Yes friend! It is right... Please reference the below photo from resent DSP board I purchase:

We need to add another zero to this price for cost I pay!! Now you are scaring me with image of forklift crushing :cry: my gears....

But I also check other items I receive mainland China. Even HiFiMan also declare 1K headphone as 20 dollar! iBasso also declare 1K player 20 dollar "usb soundcard" but they do not ask.

It is very common with stuff coming from China... As for an act of God, it can happen. But i trust Him and am confident He will treat me with my best interest in mind. That is why i take the chance of taking my car through snow storms and of living my life without worrying too much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back