New audio adventure incoming (ramble/story)
Jul 4, 2020 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Protek67

Head-Fier
So about 2.5 years ago I decided to take my desire for hifi audio from my several year HT endeavor and into my PC. I was overwhelmed when trying to pick out equipment but I figured I was going to go all in with several pairs of can's and countless audio sources. I did go through 1 dac and 1 amp, 1 tube amp and finally one dac/amp combo before I was happy with what I had. I currently have 3 pairs of can's from $100- ~$300 but only use one pair out of them. Anyways once I got to a certain point my funds went somewhere else and eventually bought a 20yo sports car after saving up.

But I'm back, I got my blind friend a pair of dt770's after his hp200's had the earpad break in less than 6-8 month's. Getting to listen to some fresh can's reignited my passion and I was dead set on getting a new experience for myself. I was dead set on the dt1770 + tube amp combo on amazon for $600 but decided against that after watching some youtube reviews.

So, long story short, I have a pair of 6xx (always wanted them) and a little dot mkII in the mail because that was my take away from some video's. And I only spent sub-$500

Jul 4, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 2
The 600 is difficult to beat even for a lot more money. I have not heard the 6XX but I know it is very similar. With a good amp you have an excellent combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back