New Audeze LCD3
Sep 18, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #8,281 of 11,521
  Part of me wonders if I should just put them in storage until Audeze can figure out what's wrong with their parts.

Pretty sure the warranty will be long over before that happens.... zing :p

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #8,282 of 11,521
  This problem you report could be something as simple as a bad connection somewhere -and yet you appear to be making the assumption that there are massive design defects, or quality control issue that all products sold are suffering from.

Get the problem checked out first before jumping to conclusions!  -Because it's quite possible this is a simple issue which would be easily fixed.

You're obviously new to these parts if you're unfamiliar with the issues the LCD3 has had since launch. You should probably familiarize yourself with who is who around these parts before you, as a newbie, automatically make blanket assumptions about people's technical expertise.

Pretty sure the warranty will be long over before that happens.... zing :p

Hah, yeah really. At least the LCD2s seem to have less imbalance reports lately. It's kind of crazy that even a quick perusal of forum posts is finding a lot of early and mid-2013 LCD3 production line channel issues. Meanwhile my HE6 has been a flawless performer.

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #8,284 of 11,521
Sep 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #8,285 of 11,521
Not sure flawless can be used to describe a flawed design
wink.gif

How is the design flawed?  It's so flawed I sold the LCD-3 to keep it
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #8,286 of 11,521
It's a headphone that needs a speaker amp to sound properly. That could be considered as a huge design flaw.

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #8,287 of 11,521
HE6's don't sound very flawed to me 
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #8,288 of 11,521

This being my first post here, so it's a pity that I feel the need to respond in this manner, but gosh...

...That's a bit of an over reaction isn't it?

This problem you report could be something as simple as a bad connection somewhere -and yet you appear to be making the assumption that there are massive design defects, or quality control issue that all products sold are suffering from.

Get the problem checked out first before jumping to conclusions!  -Because it's quite possible this is a simple issue which would be easily fixed.

Sorry for the strong response -I'm normally a mild-mannered person 
smile.gif

Overreaction?? It's a TWO THOUSAND dollar headphone.
confused_face.gif
  From a company with a reputation for QC issues, albeit doing the best they can.

-Daniel

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #8,293 of 11,521
Audeze has their own odd design decisions.  Getting the driver angle through pads while not changing the yoke... bad.  There's a reason Senn and Beyer angle the housing and not the pad :wink:

Sep 18, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #8,295 of 11,521
To be fair, both my HE-6 and LCD-2 had never given me any technical issue while they were with me. Somehow, I couldn't help having this feeling that I was living with a time bomb, given the number of failures reported. Sending the headphones back for servicing is PITA too. Recently, I sent my Mini Torii amp back to Decware to fix channel imbalance and noise issue, and it cost me $300 shipping charge, not to mention the trouble and time spent on shipping and collecting the parcel. With the HD800, I never worry about that as my local service centre is just 15 minutes drive away, and on top of that, I hardly hear of any failure with Sennheiser. Of course, if you love the Audeze and Hifiman sound, I think it is still a small price to pay and it will definitely feel worthwhile for you to take the risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back