New Audeze LCD3
Mar 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #4,561 of 11,521

Quote:
Hmm...As someone not a part of this 'rage' I can say that this thread seems to be getting off topic, and not very interesting to people who are not part of the mud tossing. So if we could get back to the LCD-3 and not personal preferences in the build/design of expensive cans, or how a tube amp 'should' sound. Rather things that directly concern the LCD-3 - and not start flaming things more than necessary. 

um. maybe you're a little bit right... but you're WAY too new to be telling these people how to behave.

Mar 20, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #4,562 of 11,521
um. maybe you're a little bit right... but you're WAY too new to be telling these people how to behave.

If he is right I believe it doesn't matter if he is new or not.

Maybe I don't have the right to say it because I am relatively new, too:wink:

Mar 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #4,563 of 11,521

I think ckunstadt was more referring to the fact that such threads (especially the Audeze ones) tend to get off-topic and eventually come back on their own (or sometimes with a little moderator assistance). Someone relatively new to HF may not have known this.

As for the "mud-slinging", if you could even call it that. LOL! Same thing. I think the first incidence of it was when LFF said my LCD-3 sounded veiled. I'm glad he went out on a limb and actually so said, despite the crap he got about it. And I appreciate the folks who started identifying their LCD-3s as veiled - and returning them to Audeze for inspection - because for the longest time, I was a little bit in denial and didn't want to send them back. If the occasional mud-slinging is required for us to make progress, then I'm all for it.

BTW, I've received a few pms, and it appears Audeze has been responding quickly and taking care of their customers. I thought this was something that should be said, because I can't see some of the big players respond so quickly.

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #4,564 of 11,521
Quote:
Hmm...As someone not a part of this 'rage' I can say that this thread seems to be getting off topic, and not very interesting to people who are not part of the mud tossing. So if we could get back to the LCD-3 and not personal preferences in the build/design of expensive cans, or how a tube amp 'should' sound. Rather things that directly concern the LCD-3 - and not start flaming things more than necessary. 

I for one find the build, design, comfort and fit comparisons to other flagship (or not) cans very enriching to the LCD-3 discussion.  Ditto for the piece of the Leben, why can't you talk about synergistic (or non-synergistic) amps again?  

And while I'm here posting, I'll throw in my 2 cents on the Leben too (sorry HeadphoneViking).  I heard it next to a WA5, Apex Peak/Volcano, Pinnacle, and I must have spent no less than two hours at that station with HE-6s, HD800s, and LCD-2s.  My impression: I was a little confused too when I first heard the Leben.  It didn't upset me as it did some of you guys, but it was disappointing after all I've heard about it.

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #4,565 of 11,521
My is just that, while giving impressions of how the LCD-3 sounds with fx the Leben is useful, and that some find the build/comfort a bit dodgy is useful, I just don't think it helps anyone looking for info on the LCD-3 to find a thread where people just in general describes how they think said amp is in general horrid, or people discussing wether or not some STAX model has swiveling cups or not...

But anyway - as long as its related to the topic at hand, do go on.

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #4,566 of 11,521
I did respond to your post on an aggressive amp for the LCD3. I hope you found that useful! 
smile.gif

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #4,567 of 11,521
I'll recieve my LCD-3's soon, and will then tell you all about how it swivels and whether it has a white or black veil. If you have more swivel-related questions, feel free to pm me. 

Quote:
My is just that, while giving impressions of how the LCD-3 sounds with fx the Leben is useful, and that some find the build/comfort a bit dodgy is useful, I just don't think it helps anyone looking for info on the LCD-3 to find a thread where people just in general describes how they think said amp is in general horrid, or people discussing wether or not some STAX model has swiveling cups or not...

But anyway - as long as its related to the topic at hand, do go on.

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #4,568 of 11,521
The point of this thread isnt to help people looking for info about the lcd3. Its a discussion thread. Discussion wanders. No one here is getting paid. If you want to hire me i will gladly provide you with all the info you could ever want. PM me for my hourly rate.

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #4,570 of 11,521
Whether you agree with me about anything or not, I have a fair amount of experience, so I'm not going to charge minimum wage.  That just wouldn't be worth it for me.  If that's what you want, go to Best Buy
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #4,571 of 11,521
People work harder for free than for lousy pay according to psychological experiments. But they like to be treated nice :9

Anyboy tried the LCD-3 with the vegan pads, BTW?

Quote:
Whether you agree with me about anything or not, I have a fair amount of experience, so I'm not going to charge minimum wage.  That just wouldn't be worth it for me.  If that's what you want, go to Best Buy
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #4,572 of 11,521
Just wanted to give a plug to a great sounding demo CD for the LCD-3... and old audiophile favorite - James Newton Howard & Friends (Sheffield Lab CD23).  I haven't played this in years but after recently watching the Green Lantern and seeing his name in the credits it prompted me to dig it out.

I just played the album straight through on the LCD-3 and it's fantastic!  Lots of detail on this recording and crazy good dynamics.  Just watch out when the disc ends if you have more music queued up as the volume level is pretty low (like a lot of audiophile recordings were back in the day).  I almost jumped out of my chair when the next track started in my playlist.

Happy listening.

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #4,574 of 11,521
This mirrors my reaction to it. Based on comments on these forums, it's been built up to a level so high, it was all but bound to deal me a blow once I heard it and found out that while it was good sounding, it was far from my opinion of aural bliss.

Quote:
  My impression: I was a little confused too when I first heard the Leben.  It didn't upset me as it did some of you guys, but it was disappointing after all I've heard about it.

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #4,575 of 11,521
I think so, at least when I checked last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back