New Audeze LCD3
Nov 11, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #1,141 of 11,521
I'm so temped to fulfill my pre-order but think I'll wait till my dealer gets it (around early december) since I'm friends with him and can get a discount. Will be great listening to everybody's impressions before that. 

Nov 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #1,143 of 11,521
Am i the only one amazed by the number of head-fiers willing and able to splurge on a $2000 headphone on a whim?

Nov 11, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #1,144 of 11,521
Nope. Just the usual hype train. Many will regret later and sell due to a lack of real quality associated equipment. I query the liquidity of secondary market for $2k headphones.

Quote:
Am i the only one amazed by the number of head-fiers willing and able to splurge on a $2000 headphone on a whim?

Nov 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #1,145 of 11,521

Quote:
Nope. Just the usual hype train. Many will regret later and sell due to a lack of real quality associated equipment. I query the liquidity of secondary market for $2k headphones.

In other words we just lost $500 on them - or that is when supplies get plentiful assuming they are not already.

Quote:

LOL. I am too even though I bought one. I did get to hear them beforehand though. There doesn't seem to be was many this time around than with the LCD2 though.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #1,147 of 11,521

Quote:

LOL. I am too even though I bought one. I did get to hear them beforehand though. There doesn't seem to be was many this time around than with the LCD2 though.

I sure hope so since these do cost twice as much as the LCD2s.

On another note, even though i've heard the LCD3s and consider them one of the best headphones (in terms of sound) that i've ever heard, i don't think i'll be plonking down $2000 for the pre-order. These (IMHO) are still plagued with the exact same problems that have kept me away from the LCD2s all this while, i.e. weight and comfort.

Sound isn't everything, not to this head-fier at least.

I am however, looking forward to the numerous impressions/reviews that will be flooding the forum in a couple of days. 
tongue.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #1,148 of 11,521
Just as the LCD-3 is confirmed to be one of the best headphones on the market, Nuforce releases the DAC-9 for $1500.  My wallet is becoming ever more suspicious of this website.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #1,150 of 11,521

Quote:

I am however, looking forward to the numerous impressions/reviews that will be flooding the forum in a couple of days. 
tongue.gif

I wonder what the initial reaction will be.  Think about the first reviews of the K701, HD800, etc., and now add to that the fact that people just spent $2000 on a headphone.  I wouldn't hold my breath for a lot negative reviews yet.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #1,151 of 11,521

Quote:
Hey Dave....glad you haven't given up on headphones...welcome back.
smile.gif

Thanks Peter.  I am kind of in and out of the headphone world, but really looking forward to these.  Hope you are enjoying the '22....

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #1,153 of 11,521

Quote:
I wonder what the initial reaction will be.  Think about the first reviews of the K701, HD800, etc., and now add to that the fact that people just spent $2000 on a headphone.  I wouldn't hold my breath for a lot negative reviews yet.

No matter how glowing this initial reaction might be, i'm inclined to believe all the "oohs" and "aahs" much more than in previous FOTM/TOTL pre-order launches since i have heard these for myself and these are stupendously good. 

I'm just eager to see how over the top the reactions might be, with some already declaring these the new king of the hill (i.e. better than R10s). 
eek.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #1,154 of 11,521

Quote:
Seems that some of you in the States are getting it on Tuesday, it is weird I live in Hong Kong and the expected delivery date is Monday Hong Kong time.

I'm in Canada and currently FedEx is listing their ETA for Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back