New Audeze LCD3
Oct 20, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #661 of 11,521
Agree to some parts of your post; LCD-3 and design. I foresee that the "LCD-4" (claimed said to be released in due time / planned already) will indeed have a different design.

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #663 of 11,521
You need to realize that Audeze is not Sennheiser, Sennheiser is a huge company, producing hunderds of different products and with thousand of employees, they also outsource most of their production and sell of lot of volume from their cheaper models so they have the cash flow, the ressources and the expertise to develop new designs.

The fixed cost of a new design are huge and even if Audeze could afford them, they would need to reach out to new third party manufacturer and outsource part of their production, this takes time, contacts, money, so am I disapointed of the LCD-3 design, yes of course but I don't think can blame Audeze or compared them to Sennheiser.

Just my 2 cent's

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #664 of 11,521
Good point, and if we look at the Beyerdynamic 7xx, 8xx, 9xx, 7x and T1 -> They are all quite similar in design, aren't they.

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #665 of 11,521

Quote:
I have just read through the last 6 pages and the only thing that came out of the last 6 pages is not to buy a used LCD-2, because of poor quality control with Audeze and folks keep buying the LCD-2 in hopes of getting a good pair and selling the not so good pairs. Or like the HE6's pairing them up with a high powered amp and blowing up the headphone, like Ray did with his DS amp and HE6, or so he claims.

And maybe Audeze needs to charge $1945. per pair of LCD-3 because they have to scrap at-least 1 out of 3 pairs to come up with a good pair. But still that is cheaper than having to buy 2,3,4 pairs of LCD-2's to get a good pair.

Please don't think I am complaining, this is just my take on the last 6 pages of this thread.

Unless you can land one of the very first units that you would think would have more time spent on. The units BEFORE the huge waiting line to get the units. I have the exact same LCD-2 that is in my use profile and that stain color with that headband and outer metal cover show they are very early. My pair actually came from a guy who was one of the very first to receive a pair. This does make sense to me why I thought mine sounded better than others I have heard but never really thought it was possible. I guess my ears really don't lie. 

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #666 of 11,521
      Quote:
Forums should be on the list for those studying group thinking.

Suddenly the LCD-2s have massive variations in sound signature - and that variation span from "bad" to "good". What?! Its kind of funny, and in my mind not throstworthy compared to all the postings done on the LCD-2 the last year omitting such "easy to hear" variations.

A lot of effort was made by many members here on elaborating on rev. 1 versus rev. 2, and not variation within each batch.

Hey. Maybe it is the amount of oil applied on the wood that causes "all these massive variations in sound". Or, just group thinking and flavour topic of the week.

There have been a few who had gone against the grain - but those voices were drowned out very early on.

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #667 of 11,521

Quote:
Good point, and if we look at the Beyerdynamic 7xx, 8xx, 9xx, 7x and T1 -> They are all quite similar in design, aren't they.

Yes or look at hifiman or grado even, their headphones models might be slightly different but use pretty much always the same materials and manufacturing techniques.

Out of curiosity I checked Sennheiser key fact, they have +2'100 employees and made 436mio$ of turnover in 2010, I expect Audeze to be around 1% of that and that's being generous, so do the math :)

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #668 of 11,521

Quote:
Yes or look at hifiman or grado even, their headphones models might be slightly different but use pretty much always the same materials and manufacturing techniques.

Out of curiosity I checked Sennheiser key fact, they have +2'100 employees and made 436mio$ of turnover in 2010, I expect Audeze to be around 1% of that and that's being generous, so do the math :)

That's because people are not complaining about their ergonomics (of Beyer, Hifiman, Grado etc) while that has been a complaint of the LCD-2  (and LCD-3).

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #669 of 11,521
I have yet to try on any headphone which beats the ED10 in terms of comfort- SR009 included.

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #670 of 11,521

Quote:
That's because people are not complaining about their ergonomics (of Beyer, Hifiman, Grado etc) while that has been a complaint of the LCD-2  (and LCD-3).

This is very true, I personally have no problem with the LCD-2 comfort wise, of course it's no match for a Sennheiser HD-800 or Beyer DT-880

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #671 of 11,521
I've seen quite a few complaints (including mine) regarding the ergonomics of the Grados.

Truly the World's Least Comfortable.

Okay, that's maybe a bit too harsh, but they are not very comfy headphones.

Quote:

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #672 of 11,521

Quote:
I've seen quite a few complaints (including mine) regarding the ergonomics of the Grados.

Truly the World's Least Comfortable.

Okay, that's maybe a bit too harsh, but they are not very comfy headphones.

Then Grado needs to fix or improve on it.

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #673 of 11,521
yeah , the Grado (or bayerdynamic ) headphones have similar design (
But, if i were to put Grado RS1i 's driver in RS2i casing , will uit sound the same as RS1i ...my guess is, no. ( i took 2 of the closest models )
again if i put bayer T1's driver and place it in dt880 , will it work as good as t1. again no.

not with the case with LCD2 and 3 , if i were to put the new driver in LCD2 and replace the pads with new ones it will be the SAME. this is what i was trying to say.
note that my comments are based completely on what i have read here, there has been no indication that apart from, the wood, pads, cable entry and driver there isn't a difference between the LCD2 and LCD3.

looks wise similarities, i dont mind that ( infact the styling is a part the feel that the brand has)

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #674 of 11,521
What's your point with all this?
Isn't it obvious to you that with a new driver it's a completely different headphone?

Quote:
yeah , the Grado and bayerdynamic headphones have similer design
But, if i were to put Grado RS1i 's driver in RS2i casing , will uit sound the same as RS1i ...my guess is, no. ( i took 2 of the closest models )
again if i put bayer T1's driver and place it in dt880 , will it work as good as t1. again no.

not with the case with LCD2 and 3 , if i were to put the new driver in LCD2 and replace the pads with new ones it will be the SAME. this is what i was trying to say.
note that my comments are based completely on what i have read here, there has been no indication that apart from, the wood, pads, cable entry and driver there isn't a difference between the LCD2 and LCD3.

looks wise similarities, i dont mind that ( infact the styling is a part the feel that the brand has)

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #675 of 11,521
Maybe the reason is that there isn't much one can think of to complain about the LCD-2 apart from that. 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back