New Audeze LCD3
Apr 20, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #11,011 of 11,521
I also chose between the 3F and the X, I prefer the rich midrange on the 3, so I went with it.

Though on another not, my left channel just died :cry:. Do I call my Dealer or just send them back to Audeze'?

I guess it depends on your dealer. In Norway I would contact dealer first, mabye they can give you a new pair. if not, then register at Audeze website, and file a support with broken driver. and then they will advice.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #11,012 of 11,521
I also chose between the 3F and the X, I prefer the rich midrange on the 3, so I went with it.

Though on another not, my left channel just died :cry:. Do I call my Dealer or just send them back to Audeze'?

According to Audeze, you should claim the warranty through your dealer. If bought direct from Audeze, then it should be from Audeze.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #11,013 of 11,521
Oh my god, do they really fail so often ? :frowning2: 

Is it the issue just with 3's or X'es also ?

It happens across all the LCDs. There seem to be enough failures for it to be worth mentioning but we don't know what the actual percentage is.

In fact, I'm waiting on my LCD 2 to come back and the 3F I have on hand are my dealer's demo unit that got its drivers replaced last month, to tide me over till they get my new copy in. In both cases, they'd been in use for 2 years.

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #11,014 of 11,521
Thanks Guys, I called my Dealer, Todd of TTVJ Audio and he is handling everything for me. Truly the best Dealer I have ver worked with, very highly recommended!

I purchased mine in December and have used them almost daily. I truly love the sonics, hopefully Audeze can turn them quickly!

Apr 21, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #11,015 of 11,521
It happens across all the LCDs. There seem to be enough failures for it to be worth mentioning but we don't know what the actual percentage is.

In fact, I'm waiting on my LCD 2 to come back and the 3F I have on hand are my dealer's demo unit that got its drivers replaced last month, to tide me over till they get my new copy in. In both cases, they'd been in use for 2 years.

I guess it doesnt matter with the failure rate as long as Audeze keeps repairing the failure. But I wonder if it has something to do with pressure between the can and head, Mabye there is a reason new revision is built about 1mm out of the wood of the can itself to allow air movement when releasing and pressing on the cans when adjusting them on our heads ?

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #11,016 of 11,521

I guess it doesnt matter with the failure rate as long as Audeze keeps repairing the failure. But I wonder if it has something to do with pressure between the can and head, Mabye there is a reason new revision is built about 1mm out of the wood of the can itself to allow air movement when releasing and pressing on the cans when adjusting them on our heads ?

Well, I'm not sure how it works with tax when I send back headphones for repair and they send it back to me to EU. 

I think that customs will charge me the tax again (1945+100 shipping * 0.29)+15 = 608$ which would be ridiculous. 

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #11,017 of 11,521

Well, I'm not sure how it works with tax when I send back headphones for repair and they send it back to me to EU. 

I think that customs will charge me the tax again (1945+100 shipping * 0.29)+15 = 608$ which would be ridiculous. 

I'm not sure about your country, but there should be a provision for repaired and returned goods under warranty. If you've kept your previous tax and shipping receipts that would support your claim. 

That's a possibility. Though I think that the faults are more electrically related, as my left driver went kaput mid-song. At that point I discovered that my cat (!) had chewed on the left cable.

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #11,018 of 11,521

No, you send the headphones to Audeze as a service/support request, and then when Audeze send them back, they will use your reference. just make sure to tell Audeze which reference you want them to be shipped back with. The reference is your shipment details to begin with. back and forth should even itself out according to customs even in EU.

Apr 21, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #11,019 of 11,521

No, you send the headphones to Audeze as a service/support request, and then when Audeze send them back, they will use your reference. just make sure to tell Audeze which reference you want them to be shipped back with. The reference is your shipment details to begin with. back and forth should even itself out according to customs even in EU.

What does it mean they will use your reference

They would have to mark the headphones under 24$ to avoid tax of incoming package from outside of EU. I don't think they would do such a thing.

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #11,020 of 11,521

What does it mean they will use your reference

They would have to mark the headphones under 24$ to avoid tax of incoming package from outside of EU. I don't think they would do such a thing.

No, its return after a service/support request. so it passes toll declaration entirely.

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #11,022 of 11,521
So, my right driver just died in my 2014 LCD-3F. For some reason I thought mine were going to be immune. So, just wondering, has anyone had LCD-3s for over 2 years and not had a driver failure?

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #11,024 of 11,521
I've also had my (pre-fazer) LCD-3's since October 2013....so far, no problems whatsoever.

Apr 24, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #11,025 of 11,521
Well on my returned pair all is good, Todd Green of TTVJ Audio made the arrangements and they will be expedited. TTVJ is the finest dealer in high end audio, this kind of service keeps me coming back, highly recommended!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back