New Audeze LCD3
Feb 11, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #10,951 of 11,521
  Submitted an inquiry since last week, yet to hear from them.

Has anyone (at all) heard back from Audeze Support?

Pretty bad support considering how expensive Audeze's are. I'm starting to sour on them as a company quite frankly. 

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #10,952 of 11,521
  Submitted an inquiry since last week, yet to hear from them.

Has anyone (at all) heard back from Audeze Support?

They're swamped right now and a couple people are sick/absent.  I placed an inquiry for driver repair for my LCD-2s on 01/13 and finally got an RMA number last week.  Still waiting on a response.

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #10,953 of 11,521
  They're swamped right now and a couple people are sick/absent.  I placed an inquiry for driver repair for my LCD-2s on 01/13 and finally got an RMA number last week.  Still waiting on a response.

Mother of.. I thought the company went belly up. Used to receive prompt responses from Tara. Wonder if she left. Tried manual email, still nothing. All I can hope for now is to find a response from them when I come back from my trip.

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #10,954 of 11,521

Mother of.. I thought the company went belly up. Used to receive prompt responses from Tara. Wonder if she left. Tried manual email, still nothing. All I can hope for now is to find a response from them when I come back from my trip.

She's still there according to the LCD-4 thread.  Don't hold your breath on a prompt response.  I still don't have a response for my RMA and Audeze received my LCD-2s on Saturday.

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #10,955 of 11,521

Tried manual email, still nothing. 

Chuckled at this. Manual email? I had visions of you printing out your gmail and hand delivering it to them :wink:

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #10,956 of 11,521
I just got a pair in the newest batch (Feb. 2016). Here is the graph. Not bad to my eyes. 

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #10,957 of 11,521

Hi all,

For those who have experienced stuck mini-XLR in the headphone, is there any DIY tips to get it removed?  I squeezed that release button as hard as I could (sans tools) but it still won't release.  And squeezing and pulling harder (even when holding the receptacle in) was a bad idea as the whole darn thing is now loose.

I am hoping I don't need to ship this back since I'm in Canada.

Cheers,
-H

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #10,958 of 11,521
Well i bought an lcd-3 prefazor last night.  I got the original black box and everything.  i tried uploading some pictures but i guess the file is too big.   Any idea how to make them smaller?

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #10,959 of 11,521
My LCD-3F's left driver died a few weeks ago.  I immediately emailed them, but it took 1.5 weeks for them to reply with questions about my serial number, etc.  I submitted my replies bout a week ago, and not having any reply yet, I decided to call them this morning.  

The first few attempts went straight to voicemail (which was starting to wind me up!) - I even tried to dial into their sales department, and still voicemail.  But after about 7 calls, someone finally answered.  She said because I called in, she would look for my email and reply right away, in which she did. I finally have a RMA (after about 3 weeks) and sending the headphones back early next week.

I suggest calling them until someone answers.  Emails are going to take forever (though I dont understand how even one person can be this swamped).

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #10,960 of 11,521
And that is consider good customer service by some people here?
I am glad I resisted the temptation and stayed away from them. In liked the LCD-4 sound but not willing to pay the price to then go through something like this.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 19, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #10,961 of 11,521
The repair process has been an utter nightmare for me.  Every step of the way I've had to pester the company - as in reminding them to send my LCD-2s back to me, five days after they were 'just about to be shipped' - and getting information is like performing a root canal on a drunk clown.  In the future they need an online RMA form with the requisite information and automatic updates for repair invoices and shipping statuses.  There's no reason someone should have to wait seven weeks to get a pair of headphones built, much less have (seemingly) minor repairs performed.

Feb 19, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #10,962 of 11,521
  The repair process has been an utter nightmare for me.  Every step of the way I've had to pester the company - as in reminding them to send my LCD-2s back to me, five days after they were 'just about to be shipped' - and getting information is like performing a root canal on a drunk clown.  In the future they need an online RMA form with the requisite information and automatic updates for repair invoices and shipping statuses.  There's no reason someone should have to wait seven weeks to get a pair of headphones built, much less have (seemingly) minor repairs performed.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation with Audeze. From my own experience it was relatively painless. The turnaround time took less than two weeks for the new drivers for my LCD3f. And this was around Thanksgiving too which was a pleasant surprise. The emails were prompt and courteous. The only problem I ran into however was checking my online status. Sometimes the status would completely disappear from the system. Until finally a new thread was established online which seemed stable but there was no tracking information.  But they arrived promptly and safely.

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #10,963 of 11,521

I'm sorry to hear about your situation with Audeze. From my own experience it was relatively painless. The turnaround time took less than two weeks for the new drivers for my LCD3f. And this was around Thanksgiving too which was a pleasant surprise. The emails were prompt and courteous. The only problem I ran into however was checking my online status. Sometimes the status would completely disappear from the system. Until finally a new thread was established online which seemed stable but there was no tracking information.  But they arrived promptly and safely.

I expected as much because Audeze has always been highly praised for customer service, but so far it's been frustrating and awful.  

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #10,964 of 11,521
Hi. I have been considering LCD-3's for a little while and I found a deal on Adorama for LCD-3's, a FIIO X5 Music Player (Which I don't want or have a need for) and a Ifi iDSD Amp/Dac combo. 

I am trying to work out if $1945 for all that is ok, seems like it. I am wondering if that Amp/Dac will do it justice, and I am trying to work out if it's a worth while upgrade to my HD650's and Beyer T1's. I have a crack Amp and a BiFrost DAC as well, also wondering if those would all work nicely together. 

I am wondering would the LCD3's be a replacement HP over my T1?

I don't mind second-hand gear (within reason).

Cheers for any feedback.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #10,965 of 11,521
I think the LCD-3's are going to be quite different, sonically, to the T1. The audezes are lush and some say a bit warm. But they are also incredibly inviting in tone - you can listen to them for hours without irritation.

I will also add that they have an abnormally high rate of failure, so do not be surprised if one of your drivers fail sometime during ownership. I had mine for 1.5 years and never thought they would die on me, but the left driver just failed a month ago. Customer service is available, but they are difficult to reach.

So, there is a risk to owning a great sounding headphone, and that's how I would approach it if I were to be in the position of owning audeze lcd-3's for the first time again. Personally, I'd go for the lcd-3's again, but that's because I love the tone and I am hasty.

At the same time, I also think Audeze needs to recognise how widespread their headphone failure rate is, and/or address the situation better, and I'm not sure they will do so unless people stop buying the lcd-3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back