New Audeze LCD3
Feb 6, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #10,008 of 11,521
Not your bad. It's head-fi!

A 3F (or 2F and 3F if someone hasn't started a 2F thread) seems a good idea...

I guess we started with the 3F being compared to the 3C. Occupying the same thread(s) together seemed appropriate.

But now the F's stand on their own merits, yes? What to do with all the 'F' posts buried in these two threads though :confused:

You're totally right! My bad.

Maybe we should have started a thread called "the new new LCD-3"!

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #10,009 of 11,521
 I had interest in the LCD3 only after hearing the difference between the 2, 2.2 and the X.
The X was that much better for me, given the LCD3 status I knew I had to have it.

The thread starter on the new LCD3 thread could throw in the F, otherwise we have review posts thrown into the old thread with everyone posting which one is it?

I'm not sure anyone but the people on this thread know there is a new (F) thread.
I think Audeze could have done a little better marketing the difference with either 3.2 or even the LCD3F as the new HP's rolled out.

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #10,011 of 11,521
Hello guys.. I am new here...
Have a little dilemma.. I have reduce my headphone list which i want to buy into 2, which is LCD XC or LCD 3f.
All that list came from reading other review, because i don't have any opportunity to try each other. It's all because there is no headphone store ini the town where I live.

I am from Indonesia, and I heard rumors that the recent LCD-3 product circulation in Indonesia are often damaged, I contacted the store in Indonesia and they also justify it.
if any of Headfiers members from Indonesia, Malaysia or surrounding that knows this rumor?

could you tell the difference between XC and 3f sound signature? Does the XC sound bright or warm? I prefer warm sound and priority the high musicality one..

Sorry for my bad English...

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #10,012 of 11,521
  Hello guys.. I am new here...
Have a little dilemma.. I have reduce my headphone list which i want to buy into 2, which is LCD XC or LCD 3f.
All that list came from reading other review, because i don't have any opportunity to try each other. It's all because there is no headphone store ini the town where I live.

I am from Indonesia, and I heard rumors that the recent LCD-3 product circulation in Indonesia are often damaged, I contacted the store in Indonesia and they also justify it.
if any of Headfiers members from Indonesia, Malaysia or surrounding that knows this rumor?

could you tell the difference between XC and 3f sound signature? Does the XC sound bright or warm? I prefer warm sound and priority the high musicality one..

Sorry for my bad English...

I think you will like audeze lcd3f better for its musicality. lcd3f sound is lushful and warm, has larger soundstage. XC sounds bit bright in comparison. Separation is also bit better in lcd3f.

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #10,013 of 11,521

I think you will like audeze lcd3f better for its musicality. lcd3f sound is lushful and warm, has larger soundstage. XC sounds bit bright in comparison. Separation is also bit better in lcd3f.

I do think just the same like you say.. but what makes me thinks harder is the issue about LCD 3... The dealer here said that this rumour is true and say that audeze team said that it's issue is about Indonesian weather..

Feb 11, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #10,014 of 11,521
I do think just the same like you say.. but what makes me thinks harder is the issue about LCD 3... The dealer here said that this rumour is true and say that audeze team said that it's issue is about Indonesian weather..

LOL feel sorry. I was in Singapore and the weather there was indeed unbearable. I strongly recommend 3f over xc. But if you really worry about the quality, you can try x. I have many chances tried xc, x, and 3, and I own 2 and 3f. I don't think xc's sound is worthy, though they are really beautiful.

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #10,015 of 11,521

LOL feel sorry. I was in Singapore and the weather there was indeed unbearable. I strongly recommend 3f over xc. But if you really worry about the quality, you can try x. I have many chances tried xc, x, and 3, and I own 2 and 3f. I don't think xc's sound is worthy, though they are really beautiful.

yes, I think I will take the 3f too... Anyway thanks for sharing...
Would you let me know, what amp or dac did you use with LCD 3?
Considering for buying WA6SE or WA22

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #10,016 of 11,521

I think you will like 3f better.
Why are you worry about Indonesian weather? I live in Thailand and its pretty hot and humid here also. We don't (or can't) walk around with this headphones and mainly listens in air-con room anyway.

I do imagine if you listen to your hi-end system with fan on, it can get a bit not from the ear pads. Saying that, I had it at the beach one weekend and it was fine.

Weather wise, I don't have issue yet.

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #10,018 of 11,521

Both are really good choices.

I use Hifiman EF6, which surprisingly is amazing with LCD3.

I think you will like 3f better.
Why are you worry about Indonesian weather? I live in Thailand and its pretty hot and humid here also. We don't (or can't) walk around with this headphones and mainly listens in air-con room anyway.

I do imagine if you listen to your hi-end system with fan on, it can get a bit not from the ear pads. Saying that, I had it at the beach one weekend and it was fine.

Weather wise, I don't have issue yet.

Yes, I no longer ignore the isue, before that one store tell me that the dealer says 3 of each 4 LCD-3 having damged, that sound pretty awful, after I contact the dealer store.. they say yes but not that terrible.. the damage only found about 1 in 10 of LCD-3 and after the service the issue is rarely recurred.. The statement make me confidence and decide to buy it. And the good news I already have a deal with the store and maybe in 2 or 3 days the LCD 3f should be arrive at home... And again I buy WA6 SE as the amp and use my old cheap ONKYO WAVIO II DAC temporarily with the WA6SE.

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #10,019 of 11,521
I've recently gotten back my 4th LCD3, driver failed right before Christmas, I got back the new HP in January. It's only been about 1 month, and I've hardly used the cans. The left driver just failed. Sigh. These are the LCD3-F. I love the Audeze sound, and I've stuck with them over the years due to their willingness to fulfill warranty. But im starting to spend more time shipping my headphones back and fort than actually listening to them. As good as the LCD3 sounds, I think it's time I move on. Continual driver failures are wearing thin. I'm thinking to try and get a full refund. And get the Abyss 1266.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back