New Audeze LCD3
Apr 10, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #8,881 of 11,521
Seems I'm going to get stunned I'll post the impressions plus frequency chart
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 10, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #8,882 of 11,521
So LCD3.2 begins.. I lost the track of LCD2 revisions.

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #8,883 of 11,521
So LCD3.2 begins.. I lost the track of LCD2 revisions.

Actually LCD 2 and LCD 3 should be at rev 3 :))

LCD - 3 veiled version - rev 1, Lcd-3 unveiled - rev 2, LCD-3 Fazor - Rev 3

Lcd 2 dark version - rev 1, lcd 2 improved driver version with more air - lcd 2 rev 2, lcd 2 bamboo/rose wood with different headband and metal cable connectors - rev 2.1, lcd-2 fazors - rev 3

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #8,885 of 11,521
Apr 10, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #8,889 of 11,521
I bought my pair of LCD3 last year around this time and have been beyond happy with them. BUT I can't help but wonder how they would sound with the fazors installed in them. Does anyone know for sure if the drivers are still the same? Would it be worthwhile to send them to Audeze to be retrofitted with the new fazors? Wonder what that would cost or if I should just leave them as is until or if one of the drivers malfunctions?

They really sound awesome now but if the fazors would make them sound even better I would like to get them installed. Any thoughts on this appreciated.

Apr 10, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #8,890 of 11,521
  I bought my pair of LCD3 last year around this time and have been beyond happy with them. BUT I can't help but wonder how they would sound with the fazors installed in them. Does anyone know for sure if the drivers are still the same? Would it be worthwhile to send them to Audeze to be retrofitted with the new fazors? Wonder what that would cost or if I should just leave them as is until or if one of the drivers malfunctions?

They really sound awesome now but if the fazors would make them sound even better I would like to get them installed. Any thoughts on this appreciated.

Personally I don't think its worth it if you already have a pair and are happy with them. I think someone said they were $250 plus shipping to upgrade. I would say they will just add the fazors to your existing drivers but I am only guessing. I auditioned both for a few hours and although the change is noticeable straight away, it is very subtle. It is more dynamic and alive sounding is the best way I can describe it but the signature sounded the same otherwise. 

One problem I see with the fazors is that because they stick out more, sometimes they will touch my ears if I haven't got the headphones adjusted properly. I have only had the LCD3's for 3 days so I am still adjusting to the fit/weight of these. For people getting new LCD3's then the fazor is definitely better IMO (as long you don't have big ears).

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #8,891 of 11,521

If you're curious might as well go for it. Pretty cool idea to have a semi-upgradable headphone. 

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #8,892 of 11,521

Personally I don't think its worth it if you already have a pair and are happy with them. I think someone said they were $250 plus shipping to upgrade. I would say they will just add the fazors to your existing drivers but I am only guessing. I auditioned both for a few hours and although the change is noticeable straight away, it is very subtle. It is more dynamic and alive sounding is the best way I can describe it but the signature sounded the same otherwise. 

One problem I see with the fazors is that because they stick out more, sometimes they will touch my ears if I haven't got the headphones adjusted properly. I have only had the LCD3's for 3 days so I am still adjusting to the fit/weight of these. For people getting new LCD3's then the fazor is definitely better IMO (as long you don't have big ears).

You might want to take a closer look at the earpads themselves. The material inside my left one was much softer and easier to compress than the right one, making my left ear touch the drivers far too much for my comfort. I contacted Audeze and they were more than willing to send me a new, hopefully firmer replacement pair. My LCD3 is about 2 weeks old, so they'd definitely accommodate you as well since it's brand new. 

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #8,893 of 11,521
I will stay content with my 261 pair and my LCD-X by it's side and wait for the new flagship :)

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #8,894 of 11,521
  You might want to take a closer look at the earpads themselves. The material inside my left one was much softer and easier to compress than the right one, making my left ear touch the drivers far too much for my comfort. I contacted Audeze and they were more than willing to send me a new, hopefully firmer replacement pair. My LCD3 is about 2 weeks old, so they'd definitely accommodate you as well since it's brand new. 

Hmm.. both of the pads look and feel the same but the front of the pads do squish down quite a lot as compared to the back portion. Think I'll send them an email, thanks for the info!

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #8,895 of 11,521
I already got a reply back from Audeze in regards to getting the upgrade done and it is indeed $250 BUT they also put new pads on and that would be nice. I think I am going to go ahead with the upgrade as I am very curious. When I get them back I will report on any aural changes and improvements if yall would be interested. What wi ll be difficult will be not having my phones for however long it takes them to do it. Hope I can  survive without them for a few days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back