New Audeze LCD3
Dec 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #8,551 of 11,521
  Part of it comes down to variance.  My LCD-3 has more deep bass than my LCD-2 and slightly less mid bass but is quite a bit more mid forward and airy up top.

dat less mid bass. and the lcd-3 is more mid forward, but lacks the energy and attack of the LCD-2. my new LCD-3 though has really nice sub-bass now, it was quite light at first, now its nice and full. 

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #8,552 of 11,521
Broken record here... GS-X mk2 is a window to the source.  PWD2 doing front end tasks has great attack and prat.  The pair even make something like the ER-4P usable without eq while on my portable rig it's a lifeless brittle mess.  Which sadly likely means that when I go ciems only... I'll keep the big rig :D

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #8,553 of 11,521
Thinking about getting an upgrade cable for LCD3s. Any recommends?

I looked back pages a bit but couldnt find a detailed information.

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #8,554 of 11,521
It depends... What are you planning to get with this cable upgrade?

Jan 5, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #8,555 of 11,521
I want these to be better at especially soundstage. I think it would be a bit far and airy. Instrument seperation is not good enough. Treble quality can be better.

My amp (V200) may not be good with LCD3s but when I tried my friends HD800, it was easily better than LCD3s, especially on instrument seperation.

I am using stock cable at the moment.

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #8,556 of 11,521
If you don't want to loose too much bass then you might want try a Silver-Copper hybrid like Forza Audio Works Claire Hybrid. If you have bass to spare then go for the Toxic Cables Silver Widow :)

Jan 5, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #8,557 of 11,521
Thanks for your help!

I looked both of these cables manufacturer websites but couldnt find the exact names.

Any other ideas? How is ALO Audio?

I am using Norse Norn8 with my HE6. How is Norse with LCD3?

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #8,558 of 11,521
Just contact the manufacturers, their websites are out of date.
Didn't use ALO Audio so I don't know.
Norse is currently MIA so...

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #8,559 of 11,521
  My amp (V200) may not be good with LCD3s but when I tried my friends HD800, it was easily better than LCD3s, especially on instrument seperation.

Don't try to buy a cable to get you to the HD800 sound... buy the HD800.  Or if there are things the LCD-3 does do that you can't walk away from get a different amp.

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #8,560 of 11,521
I will ask to manufacturer, thanks for your helps!

Quote:
Just contact the manufacturers, their websites are out of date.
Didn't use ALO Audio so I don't know.
Norse is currently MIA so...

I dont like how HD800 sounds. I like its soundstage and instrument seperation. Cable is a must upgrade anyway, I am thinking about getting a cable first, then think about the amp.

Don't try to buy a cable to get you to the HD800 sound... buy the HD800.  Or if there are things the LCD-3 does do that you can't walk away from get a different amp.

Jan 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #8,562 of 11,521
Ive been using the LCD-3 with stock cables for a few days now and its so amazing u just get drawn to the musicality . It is amped by a studio six by ALO and  a berendsen cd player as a source . Ill be having a Q cable in two weeks  to complete the set up. 
I am thinking of buying a sennheiser hd800 to compliment the lcd-3 but im enjoying the audeze sound so much i might just get the lcd- x.

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #8,563 of 11,521
  Thinking about getting an upgrade cable for LCD3s. Any recommends?

I looked back pages a bit but couldnt find a detailed information.

I`m using Artemis cables Bow(all silver) Medusa (12x24 awg leads) UP-OCC silver with my LCD-Xs, it opens them up and cleans things up and makes everything more real and liquid :)

Jan 5, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #8,564 of 11,521
  I am thinking of buying a sennheiser hd800 to compliment the lcd-3 but im enjoying the audeze sound so much i might just get the lcd- x.

If you like the LCD-3 sound but want a more transparent neutral monitor-like sound with more treble, maybe you eq the treble for your LCD-3 (I used to use a high shelf +2-3dB @ 2.5kHz for my LCD-3) and you want a mix of LCD-3 and HD800, then LCD-X will not disappoint you. However you will not get the HD800 sound, just a more neutral Audeze sound. No cables or eq can do this for LCD-3 (or HD800). BTW Toxic Silver Widow is an excellent cable for LCD-X (and LCD-3) IMO.

Jan 6, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #8,565 of 11,521
I'm new to this thread but as a lcd 3 owner I thought I'd chip in. Like a few others I do love the sound but find the upper frequencies too rolled off to the extent that some high frequency detail was missing. The cans are only 3 months old and I asked Audeze to check the frequency graph with the serial no. to make sure all was ok which they confirmed. So I've now replaced the stock cable with Toxic Cables Silver Widow. This has definitely given the upper frequencies a boost without any harshness at the expense of a small decrease in 'body' in the bass which seems a little tighter but less full. For me it's a good trade off. I'm surprised that there is little discussion on 'best' cables for the Audeze in comparison to the variety of headamps that are debated, as I reckon both affect the sound to equal extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back