New Audeze LCD3
Oct 14, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #10,791 of 11,521
  Not that clear sorry

Audeze had a large theft of headphones last February 28th.  About $250,000 in product was taken.

The site I linked was put up by Audeze to attempt to identify stolen headphones. Yours coming up as invalid may be nothing, or it may indicate it was one of the items stolen on that day.  Not sure how up to date the serial number check is on new product, but my SN comes up as Valid.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC/posts/10152554032352132

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #10,796 of 11,521
Your serial number actually would indicate a recent production, as early as six months ago.

The number would indicate a recent build, but with his headphones not showing up on the valid SN list, the apparently old wood cups, and the packaging including the wood care kit discontinued long before that SN would have been built, something definitely isn't right here.

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #10,797 of 11,521

The number would indicate a recent build, but with his headphones not showing up on the valid SN list, the apparently old wood cups, and the packaging including the wood care kit discontinued long before that SN would have been built, something definitely isn't right here.

No no the wood kit WASN'T in it. But when I saw the colour I expected it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back