New Audeze LCD3
Nov 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #9,781 of 11,521
No its never ending, I definitely agree with you on that one !

The Shunyata is good, I am using the Talos and the new eTon Alpha HC cables (when the rest show up) for my system

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #9,784 of 11,521
  Does the LCD-3F loose the magical creamy smooth and intimate midrange of the LCD-3C or is it still there but slightly modified?

If so- how?

I didn't feel the loss of the creamy mids! And I LOVE how you said it that way - "creamy smooth" - and that's one of the sonic characteristics that helped the OG LCD-3 aid me in my complete transition to high-end personal audio from high-end two-channel in-room systems!

But, to be honest, I always dug my original LCD-2s too - but the LCD-2 w/ Fazor has won me over like MAD. I love it, and I think I maybe experiencing what more members heard in the original - more of those "creamy mids" and a dynamic excitability that I thought was second-to-none!

Until my LCD-3F broke-in!!!!

Now, as a die-hard fan of the LCD-3, I've been telling a couple of people that are very close to my heart (my cousin Kenny - and one of my oldest friends, Tim, who bought LCD-3s on my recommendation and loves em) that they should, at the very least figure out a way to get to hear em! I brought my pair out East when I went to the Capitol Audiofest so Kenny could hear them. He said he didn't feel like he was losing anything - but he thought the new LCD-3F sounded more accurate without being fatiguing - 

He works for Stevie Wonder, and has to check over mixes and such, so he used a couple of tracks he was working on, using his original LCD-3s as his reference against the LCD-3F. He also said he heard exactly what I hear (and I didn't say ANYTHING about my impressions) - which is a widening and deepening of the soundstage, as well as the presence of more air, greater dimensionality...

I LOVE my original LCD-3s, no doubt - but I highly recommend checking out the 3s w/ Fazor - as you never know what you're gonna like more!

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #9,786 of 11,521
I want the sticker!

Oh,
I think I still have a couple!! 
biggrin.gif

Somebody tried to buy one off me, no way.
Lemme look, pretty sure I got a couple left...

If so I'll PM you and if you want, I can send it out

Nov 11, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #9,788 of 11,521
  I didn't feel the loss of the creamy mids! And I LOVE how you said it that way - "creamy smooth" - and that's one of the sonic characteristics that helped the OG LCD-3 aid me in my complete transition to high-end personal audio from high-end two-channel in-room systems!

But, to be honest, I always dug my original LCD-2s too - but the LCD-2 w/ Fazor has won me over like MAD. I love it, and I think I maybe experiencing what more members heard in the original - more of those "creamy mids" and a dynamic excitability that I thought was second-to-none!

Until my LCD-3F broke-in!!!!

Now, as a die-hard fan of the LCD-3, I've been telling a couple of people that are very close to my heart (my cousin Kenny - and one of my oldest friends, Tim, who bought LCD-3s on my recommendation and loves em) that they should, at the very least figure out a way to get to hear em! I brought my pair out East when I went to the Capitol Audiofest so Kenny could hear them. He said he didn't feel like he was losing anything - but he thought the new LCD-3F sounded more accurate without being fatiguing - 

He works for Stevie Wonder, and has to check over mixes and such, so he used a couple of tracks he was working on, using his original LCD-3s as his reference against the LCD-3F. He also said he heard exactly what I hear (and I didn't say ANYTHING about my impressions) - which is a widening and deepening of the soundstage, as well as the presence of more air, greater dimensionality...

I LOVE my original LCD-3s, no doubt - but I highly recommend checking out the 3s w/ Fazor - as you never know what you're gonna like more!

Do you love your LCD-2F and LCD-3F over your love for the LCD-X?

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #9,789 of 11,521
That's the question for Mr Mercer

Nov 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #9,790 of 11,521

Do you love your LCD-2F and LCD-3F over your love for the LCD-X?

It's ALL system-dependent - as many of you know...
That said:

I love the 2s and 3s on certain amps, and prefer the X on others - but I do love the LCD-2F (and LCD-XC actually) with more amps than any other Audeze at the moment, because they seem to play REALLY well with others. 

BUT - because I know many writers/reviewers shy away from questions like this - and at 40 - I've been at this game more than half my life:

I will say this:
My two all-out favorite Audeze cans, right now, are my LCD-XC and LCD-2F!!

I think it's because I listen to the LCD-XC more than any other these days (because of my wifeys illness - I've been spending more time in the front room near her - where there's another desk with a couple of rigs - and I NEED to use closed-backs there). And I'm just LOVIN' my LCD-2F  - and I honestly can't put my finger on that just yet, because it's a new development! But I THINK, maybe, I'm now hearing the magic that many others heard in the original - which I liked, but didn't love... 

Even my boy @warrenpchi has expressed complete surprise at my recent love for the LCD-2F - because I was such an LCD-3 (OG version) devotee!!!
This rig has been blowin my mind recently (again, I split my time between my Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab and the desk in the front lately):

LCD-2F
Double Helix Cables Comp4 SE
Woo WA7
Black Cat USB
Amarra for source...

Just LOVIN' it..

As for the LCD-X - that's become more of a studio mixing/tracking tool for me over the last few months, as I've been picking up more local studio gigs to make some extra dough.
But you guys have inspired me to use it more like I used to (when I went gaga for it): With my portable rigs, sitting outside writing!

and SORRY for blaggin on...
It's been a ROUGH two weeks fellas, w/ Harry Pearson dying on me, on my freakin' 40th birthday last week!!
My mentor and dear friend, goes on my Bday.. CRAZY

So did I answer?
Need it more straight-up??

Nov 14, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #9,791 of 11,521

It's ALL system-dependent - as many of you know...
That said:

I love the 2s and 3s on certain amps, and prefer the X on others - but I do love the LCD-2F (and LCD-XC actually) with more amps than any other Audeze at the moment, because they seem to play REALLY well with others. 

BUT - because I know many writers/reviewers shy away from questions like this - and at 40 - I've been at this game more than half my life:

I will say this:
My two all-out favorite Audeze cans, right now, are my LCD-XC and LCD-2F!!

I think it's because I listen to the LCD-XC more than any other these days (because of my wifeys illness - I've been spending more time in the front room near her - where there's another desk with a couple of rigs - and I NEED to use closed-backs there). And I'm just LOVIN' my LCD-2F  - and I honestly can't put my finger on that just yet, because it's a new development! But I THINK, maybe, I'm now hearing the magic that many others heard in the original - which I liked, but didn't love... 

Even my boy @warrenpchi has expressed complete surprise at my recent love for the LCD-2F - because I was such an LCD-3 (OG version) devotee!!!
This rig has been blowin my mind recently (again, I split my time between my Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab and the desk in the front lately):

LCD-2F
Double Helix Cables Comp4 SE
Woo WA7
Black Cat USB
Amarra for source...

Just LOVIN' it..

As for the LCD-X - that's become more of a studio mixing/tracking tool for me over the last few months, as I've been picking up more local studio gigs to make some extra dough.
But you guys have inspired me to use it more like I used to (when I went gaga for it): With my portable rigs, sitting outside writing!

and SORRY for blaggin on...
It's been a ROUGH two weeks fellas, w/ Harry Pearson dying on me, on my freakin' 40th birthday last week!!
My mentor and dear friend, goes on my Bday.. CRAZY

So did I answer?
Need it more straight-up??

Do you have both the LCD-3(original ver.) and LCD-3F but prefer the LCD-2F? 
Is it because the LCD-2F seem to have both warmth and liveliness or (energy)?  

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #9,792 of 11,521
  Do you have both the LCD-3(original ver.) and LCD-3F but prefer the LCD-2F? 
Is it because the LCD-2F seem to have both warmth and liveliness or (energy)?  

I still have my OG LCD-3  - of course! (AND the new LCD-3F) - The original LCD-3s solidified my transition over to high performance personal audio!
Abandoning high-end home stereo world - still have my two-channel system - but do more than 90% of my listening on my headphones rigs these days...

I have to spend more time w/ my LCD-3F to answer this one - seriously,

as my LCD-3F JUST broke-in!!
I took it out East when I went to see my cousin Kenny (he's got original LCD-3s) as he wanted to hear the difference before deciding which Audeze to get next.
He's also buying a Cavalli Liquid Gold after hearing mine so - we had fun comparing em!

I was eager to hear his thoughts! Kenny's older than me (early-50s) and works for Stevie Wonder, so he knows good sound and loves personal audio now too!
(he even gave Stevie a pair of LCD-Xs which he LOVES BTW 
biggrin.gif
)  + I needed to put more hours on my LCD-3Fs before I brought them out there, so I ran em non-stop,
music and pink-noise, for over 3 weeks before heading out..

These were Kenny's impressions - and mine echo his thus far, except I don't hear the "critical" sound he talks about in the new LCD-3F
He said (and we switched - single blinds - using ALL same gear for both, same gain) that he thought the new LCD-3F had broader soundstaging, as well as improved micro and macro-dynamic retrieval and dimensionality across the frequency spectrum. He also thought the LCD-3F was more "critical" but not "flat or too linear". He said he would use the LCD-3F in the studio over the OG LCD-3.

I also think Fazor affects more than merely soundstaging. I should be clear on this: I DO NOT feel the LCD-2F is superior to the LCD-3F in any way, technically actually!
This is strictly down to taste - I believe, my new-found love for the LCD-2F.

But, I'm using my LCD-3F more often lately - and I'll revisit this once I've had more hours on the 3F!!

Thought you MIGHT wanna hear Kenny's opinion in the meantime - he's been working in music a long time

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #9,794 of 11,521
Thank you.  It's interesting that the new LCD-3F's over the LCD-2F isn't immediately obvious like most people tend to conclude upon first listening. 
I have the LCD-2F and was hoping to upgrade to LCD-3F.  I just need a little less lower bass and more upper mids but I guess I'll have to listen for myself.

Quote:
  I still have my OG LCD-3  - of course! (AND the new LCD-3F) - The original LCD-3s solidified my transition over to high performance personal audio!
Abandoning high-end home stereo world - still have my two-channel system - but do more than 90% of my listening on my headphones rigs these days...

I have to spend more time w/ my LCD-3F to answer this one - seriously,

as my LCD-3F JUST broke-in!!
I took it out East when I went to see my cousin Kenny (he's got original LCD-3s) as he wanted to hear the difference before deciding which Audeze to get next.
He's also buying a Cavalli Liquid Gold after hearing mine so - we had fun comparing em!

I was eager to hear his thoughts! Kenny's older than me (early-50s) and works for Stevie Wonder, so he knows good sound and loves personal audio now too!
(he even gave Stevie a pair of LCD-Xs which he LOVES BTW 
biggrin.gif
)  + I needed to put more hours on my LCD-3Fs before I brought them out there, so I ran em non-stop,
music and pink-noise, for over 3 weeks before heading out..

These were Kenny's impressions - and mine echo his thus far, except I don't hear the "critical" sound he talks about in the new LCD-3F
He said (and we switched - single blinds - using ALL same gear for both, same gain) that he thought the new LCD-3F had broader soundstaging, as well as improved micro and macro-dynamic retrieval and dimensionality across the frequency spectrum. He also thought the LCD-3F was more "critical" but not "flat or too linear". He said he would use the LCD-3F in the studio over the OG LCD-3.

I also think Fazor affects more than merely soundstaging. I should be clear on this: I DO NOT feel the LCD-2F is superior to the LCD-3F in any way, technically actually!
This is strictly down to taste - I believe, my new-found love for the LCD-2F.

But, I'm using my LCD-3F more often lately - and I'll revisit this once I've had more hours on the 3F!!

Thought you MIGHT wanna hear Kenny's opinion in the meantime - he's been working in music a long time

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #9,795 of 11,521
LCD-3F has considerably more resolution and finesse than LCD-2F. This was evident for friends of mine who are not audiophiles and compared both side by side too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back