New Audeze LCD3
Jan 12, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #6,976 of 11,521
I guess you're right, but since I'm in Hong Kong, it'll take a couple of weeks for me to get it. If I get it from the shop, I'd be able to have one right away, and just in case if its faulty, they'd be able to change it for me sooner I suppose. :wink:

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #6,977 of 11,521
Quote:
I guess you're right, but since I'm in Hong Kong, it'll take a couple of weeks for me to get it. If I get it from the shop, I'd be able to have one right away, and just in case if its faulty, they'd be able to change it for me sooner I suppose. :wink:

That's always the plus side to a dealer. However, you do not even know what they ment 
by "old stock" do you? If they aren't veiled somehow, then go ahead and get 'em locally.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #6,978 of 11,521
New LCD-3 and LCD-2 use different serial numbers than the first ones.  261 for LCD-3, 532 for LCD-2.  Get those and you know it's 'new' stock.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #6,979 of 11,521
Quote:
New LCD-3 and LCD-2 use different serial numbers than the first ones.  261 for LCD-3, 532 for LCD-2.  Get those and you know it's 'new' stock.

The old LCD-3's used a different S/N? Meaning the veiled batches?

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #6,982 of 11,521
Quote:
Original LCD-3 was 231, LCD-2 Rev2 was 531.  Before someone pipes in... very late Rev1 was also 531 :p

Thanks for that bit of info, I never knew the original LCD-3's had a different S/N.

Are the Rosewood version w/angled connectors the same S/N as the Bamboo?

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #6,983 of 11,521
Quote:

Quote:
Thanks for that bit of info, I never knew the original LCD-3's had a different S/N.

I just ran to check my ser # LOL 261 it is. I'm hesitant to add my impressions of the SQ because it has been covered so much and by people with more much more experience with full size H.P.'s than myself.

They are magnificent. The range of music heard is wider, deeper, longer, clearer, and more engaging than any other 'played' music other than live that I have ever heard. I might add that the AMP/DAC I am using is probably on the low side of adequate to drive them. I am looking to get better and cannot imagine how they will be sound after!  I bought them from Audeze directly.

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #6,984 of 11,521
Quote:

I just ran to check my ser # LOL 261 it is. I'm hesitant to add my impressions of the SQ because it has been covered so much and by people with more much more experience with full size H.P.'s than myself.

They are magnificent. The range of music heard is wider, deeper, longer, clearer, and more engaging than any other 'played' music other than live that I have ever heard. I might add that the AMP/DAC I am using is probably on the low side of adequate to drive them. I am looking to get better and cannot imagine how they will be sound after!  I bought them from Audeze directly.

Yea. I ordered mine in June just in time for all the issues to have been worked out. But I guess you never know really. Until you do. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #6,986 of 11,521
Quote:

Rose or Bamboo doesn't change the serial start.

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #6,988 of 11,521
Quote:

Are you buying from King Sound Headphone ?
I did a demo at there Mon Kok store about a week about... LCD-3 was so nice :D

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #6,989 of 11,521
Yeah, at the MongKok, branch, did an A and B test with their LCD-2, it actually made the LCD-2 grainy and coarse sounding, never thought I'd ever say such things about the LCD-2, I really need to get a pair ASAP. :-0

Are you buying from King Sound Headphone ?

I did a demo at there Mon Kok store about a week about... LCD-3 was so nice :D

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #6,990 of 11,521
Quote:

If the case is the same as the one I got with the LCD3 its quite nice and I use it to store them in-between sessions.

Ooops, I should clarify that I mean the wood box.......

As I don't travel out with my LCD-3, I also chose the wooden presentation box. The recent ones are all piano black varnished wood without any Audeze logo on them. Prior to that was a batch of piano black with an Audeze logo. And prior to that were some Rosewood (with visible wood grain), and Dark Brown (with visible wood grain) boxes. I suspect the ones with wood grain were more expensive, but they no longer seem to be available. To be honest, although the boxes are impressive at first glance with their silky lining and shiny surfaces, if you look closely, they are fairly cheaply made. The piano black varnish had some imperfections and quite a lot of micro scratches except the top which had a protective plastic sheet over it...and of course its a finger print magnet. So it seemed a nice idea at the start, but it should not be a dealbreaker as to which kind of box/case you get with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back