I think LCD3 is not so good in this price I will choose PSK

PS1000 better than the LCD-3?? 
blink.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #6,921 of 11,521
Quote:
Good luck!

Why are you wishing him good luck?

Quote:
Grado GS1000i is much better than the PS1000 an less money too. I owned the PS1000 and now love the GS.

I too have heard both, and ended up prefering the PS1000, but I would never say that it is MUCH better than the GS1000.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #6,924 of 11,521
Quote:

Why not? I'm a nice guy sometimes and hope he finds what he is purchasing to be good for himself. To be honest I do not know what PSK means or stands for?

And being not a nice guy; this is the Audeze LCD3 thread.

You're right, this is the Audeze LCD3 thread, and there i was commenting on ''rgs9200m's comment, and about Grados of all things, i'm sorry and i promise it won't happend again. 

Now, since i'm not a Grado fanboy, i'm able to keep an open mind and recognize that other brands can produce very good sounding headphones, wich, in a way, is what brought me to this thread, since i have a pair of Grados GS1000 collecting dust ever since i've bought my PS1000s, so i'm thinking of selling them, and maybe get LCD2/3, and since they're pretty expensive headphones, i'm trying to get as much information as possible before making a move. 

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #6,925 of 11,521
Quote:

You're right, this is the Audeze LCD3 thread, and there i was commenting on ''rgs9200m's comment, and about Grados of all things, i'm sorry and i promise it won't happend again. 

Now, since i'm not a Grado fanboy, i'm able to keep an open mind and recognize that other brands can produce very good sounding headphones, wich, in a way, is what brought me to this thread, since i have a pair of Grados GS1000 collecting dust ever since i've bought my PS1000s, so i'm thinking of selling them, and maybe get LCD2/3, and since they're pretty expensive headphones, i'm trying to get as much information as possible before making a move. 

I went from the PS500  to the PS1000 to the LCD-3.  At one point I owned the PS1000s and LCD-3s at the same time and did some direct comparisons with my Burson Conductor.  I preferred the LCD-3s in almost every way except for maybe comfort until the front of the earpads of the LCD-3 got more broken in.

I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about as far as describing the two, I just know once I got my LCD-3s I never used my PS1000s unless I was comparing the two and winded up selling them.

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #6,927 of 11,521
Quote:

I went from the PS500  to the PS1000 to the LCD-3.  At one point I owned the PS1000s and LCD-3s at the same time and did some direct comparisons with my Burson Conductor.  I preferred the LCD-3s in almost every way except for maybe comfort until the front of the earpads of the LCD-3 got more broken in.

I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about as far as describing the two, I just know once I got my LCD-3s I never used my PS1000s unless I was comparing the two and winded up selling them.

I did listen to the LCD3 at last year's Montréal Hi-Fi show, but not knowing they were going to be there, i hadn't brought my PS1000s and familiar CDs to compare them, so i'm hoping that they'll have the LCD3s back at this year show in March, so i can have a good listen.

And who knows, i might end up selling both my GS and PS1000, i just hope my Musical Fidelity X-CAN V2 would have enough juice to feed the LCD3.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #6,928 of 11,521
Cross posting a bit from LCD-2 thread, looking for input on cables.

Any suggestions for an affordable, light, flexible balanced cable? Silver preferred. I don't care about sound differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back