New Astell&Kern CA1000T impressions thread.
Apr 22, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #61 of 111
So far the CA1000T really captivated me with my IEMs. The Mentor, Euclid, and especially the Mezzo LE just make me want to do nothing but chill out and listen to music all day.

I think that's about the biggest compliment I can offer. I would totally part ways with all my desktop gear for more IEMs to pair with the CA1000T. I love this device and all it's quirks.

That is all.
I got IEMs I’d trade for full size!

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #62 of 111
I am so not sorry I got the CA1000T. It is such a perfect device for headphones or IEMs. My wife loves it. The software is so easy to operate. It sounds sooo good. This is not a item I will be selling, like ever!

Apr 26, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #65 of 111
Just got my CA1000T and am definitely hearing a hiss with sensitive IEMs (Campfire Andromeda). Is there an option for always on display?
I have no hiss at all and have tried Aroma Jewel, Fir XE6, Vision Ears Elysium and the Empires Ears Odin.

Apr 26, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #67 of 111
Just got my CA1000T and am definitely hearing a hiss with sensitive IEMs (Campfire Andromeda). Is there an option for always on display?
Andromeda's are known to do that on pretty much any device. That said no hiss here with any of my IEMs. Lastly, no for an always on display.

Apr 26, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #68 of 111
Yeah. Definitely expected with the Andromedas. Even adjusting the knob or changing tracks doesn't wake up the screen, which I find a bit odd. I can definitely see what's playing using Roon on my computer, but it's not as convenient as I would have hoped.

Apr 28, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #69 of 111
@JasonNYC,
I continue to be very impressed and happy with my CA1000T. However, I must once again request that the crazy volume cap for balanced output be lifted. I bought this device (and the CA1000 before it) partially because of its plentiful power to drive my HD800S via Roon and its parametric eq (which necessitates dropping the output level on the eq quite a bit to prevent clipping). The CA1000 has no such limitation. Please can you reassure me that this will be addressed quickly?
Thanks,
Tony

Apr 28, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #70 of 111
@JasonNYC,
I continue to be very impressed and happy with my CA1000T. However, I must once again request that the crazy volume cap for balanced output be lifted. I bought this device (and the CA1000 before it) partially because of its plentiful power to drive my HD800S via Roon and its parametric eq (which necessitates dropping the output level on the eq quite a bit to prevent clipping). The CA1000 has no such limitation. Please can you reassure me that this will be addressed quickly?
Thanks,
Tony
I reached out tro the team for more info. I just sent them another message.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
May 4, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #71 of 111
@JasonNYC,
Thanks,
Tony
Yes this is a pity. It needs to be resolved.

May 4, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #72 of 111
Anybody tried an Abyss Diana TC with this? I'm wondering if there's enough power.

May 4, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #74 of 111
I have just realised that the volume cap applies only when the device is not being charged.
Actually the definition is that the cap only applies when the CA1000T is not connected to external power... Whether or not it is being charged is immaterial, as long as it's externally powered the cap does not apply ... 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back