New Apple In-Ear Headphones
Sep 9, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #16 of 114
If you could use the headphones along with the mic and button for pausing music/skipping/accepting calls, I would be satisfied. I'd still want the volume switching though, but at least it's something.

Sep 9, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #17 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AppleInsider is suggesting that the mic will still work, but that the volume controls will not

AppleInsider | New headphone, mic options for late 2008 iPods

"The new premium headphones sport volume controls, presumably using the same mic signal to adjust volume as the iPhone's mic uses to switch songs or accept incoming calls. The new headphones are not listed as compatible with the iPhone, because it was not designed to adjust volume with the mic switch, but the mic should still work and the headphones will work with any iPod or other standard headphone jack device."

I'm not sure if that makes sense. In the description, it sounds as though the function to adjust volume, and the other to pause/play skip tracks is done with different button movements.

Sep 9, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #18 of 114
They are stylish, have few killer tricks (volume adjustment in the cord, mic AND button, all stylishly done) and if they sound good, hell, I might just pick up a pair!

As far as the incompatibility with the iPhone.. that's just wrong.
Put a very very small chip in the button thingy which is able to recieve the data send from the buttons getting pushed, and update the iPhone firmware a little and you could have it working!

Sep 9, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #19 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as the incompatibility with the iPhone.. that's just wrong.
Put a very very small chip in the button thingy which is able to recieve the data send from the buttons getting pushed, and update the iPhone firmware a little and you could have it working!

I have a feeling we'll see a 32Gig iPhone 3G with a this type of headset by summer. (I'm saying this because apple now has a 32gig touch).

I think this release was a very iPod touch centered release and while it would have been nice if apple released these for the iphone as well, I can wait.

Perhaps a future firmware will fix this issue with the iPhone. We'll see.

Sep 10, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #20 of 114
I still don't see how or why it would be any different. Both devices use pretty much the same OS, have the same basic volume functions... etc...

Sep 10, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #21 of 114
Is this like... the cheapest 2driver IEM from all the manufacturers?

if ipoop can do it (not saying Apple sucks, just love making weird names with it)... im sure UE, shure and the rest of them can...

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #22 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and if they sound good, hell, I might just pick up a pair!

That's the key issue on everyone's mind here.
If they sound good.

Sep 10, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #24 of 114
Well...the stock iPhone 3G ones really aren't too bad. I mean, when I bought my first two iPods, I had to get new headphones first. The iBuds were just crud. But I recently game a friend's iPhone buds a listen, and I thought they were better than Skullcandy's, for one thing. Those iBuds aren't worth the price they're sold at, but I wouldn't mind using them (e.g., for the gym). So...I'm looking forward to hearing these.

Sep 10, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #26 of 114
Yeah, definitely look promising. They most likely will be decent, though lets hope apple goes back to their original creed before the Ipod was created. xD

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #27 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well...the stock iPhone 3G ones really aren't too bad. I mean, when I bought my first two iPods, I had to get new headphones first. The iBuds were just crud. But I recently game a friend's iPhone buds a listen, and I thought they were better than Skullcandy's, for one thing. Those iBuds aren't worth the price they're sold at, but I wouldn't mind using them (e.g., for the gym). So...I'm looking forward to hearing these.

Pffft! I'd rather listen to four tone-deaf opera singers standing barefoot on hot coals sing in an old church than listen to the ibuds. Using ibuds at the gym would be ear-suicide due to the lack of isolation, especially if the gym has its own soundtrack playing. Plus they fall out
frown.gif

I can't wait till someone reviews these Apple in-ears. Right now my guess would be that they will sell like crazy. They're Apple and they are supposed to work integrated with Apple products. Two things in their favor. Plus some people are just obsessed and swear by the ibuds. I can't believe all the favorable reviews on the Apple store website written by people who have actually purchased more ibuds for $29.99
eek.gif
eek.gif

In this case, the Skullcandy are better. $9.99 and they isolate.

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:17 AM Post #28 of 114
People! Are you seriously? You are realy thinking Apple will good sound for 79USD? Most part of price will be - advertisment! So - for sound there will be may be half of... With mic and volume control?
And what about Apple promices. People - did you see that:
Apple - iPod - In-Ear Headphones ???
1!!! ONE!!! Hz with 80dB pressure! And up to 21khz! What driver they use??? What great chines man make it for apple? Realy great! Can i buy pound plz!! Such line you never see from UE, Shure, Sleek, Jays, LW and etc! Every body in IEM - loozers! Apple - greeat soun manufacturers!
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't know how are you - but for me - it's will be very poor sound and product. It's not for musik - it's for pathos ... For Apple pathos. Poor Apple fans - they will be hapy buy this... product!!!
Apple has not any shames and respect to people if they write such information at official web site! I'm verry dissapointed! They think - we are stupid!

Sep 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #29 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People! Are you seriously? You are realy thinking Apple will good sound for 79USD? Most part of price will be - advertisment! So - for sound there will be may be half of... With mic and volume control?
And what about Apple promices. People - did you see that:
Apple - iPod - In-Ear Headphones ???
1!!! ONE!!! Hz with 80dB pressure! And up to 21khz! What driver they use??? What great chines man make it for apple? Realy great! Can i buy pound plz!! Such line you never see from UE, Shure, Sleek, Jays, LW and etc! Every body in IEM - loozers! Apple - greeat soun manufacturers!
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't know how are you - but for me - it's will be very poor sound and product. It's not for musik - it's for pathos ... For Apple pathos. Poor Apple fans - they will be hapy buy this... product!!!
Apple has not any shames and respect to people if they write such information at official web site! I'm verry dissapointed! They think - we are stupid!

Don't see how you can really say all of this WITHOUT ACTUALLY TRYING THEM!
icon10.gif

As soon as they are for sale, I'm going to pick up a pair for review.

Sep 10, 2008 at 12:45 PM Post #30 of 114
do you guys think that apple actually designed and manufactured these phones or are these a re-branded product?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back