New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Oct 1, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #421 of 1,351
How many TCXO in L5 Pro?
one or two?

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #423 of 1,351
You're right...better bargains on standard phone. The AK version is a thicker sound with much improved bass presence and atmosphere....

Thicker and bassier, think that's specifically tuned for AK sound signature, great pair up for AKs. L5 Pro does tend to have slightly thicker and more analog sound than typical AK signature, maybe it will work out just fine. AK T5p looks slightly nicer though, but the $650 price tag is pretty attractive. =P

Oct 2, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #425 of 1,351

Oh the things we have to go through to test gear 
cool.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #427 of 1,351

cool.gif

Oh, poor you
tongue.gif
  J/k bud
biggrin.gif

So, I see Q1 in the background, reviewed that one already - good stuff for not a lot of money (works with Android and iOS, btw, just needs special apps in android that have a custom built in usb driver, like HibyMusic, not sure if it works with iOS as is).

The other "stack" of L5 Pro with Chord Hugo in a leather case (I guessed it at first, based on the size of it, and then googled the image to confirm :)) - now that is IMPRESSIVE!!!

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #428 of 1,351

cool.gif

Just want to mention that L5 Pro's phone out and SPDIF out can work at the same time, just plug your headphone back and forth for comparison. 

Not having headphones with me atm meaning there is almost no point comparing L5 Pro and Hugo, since I dont like how IEMs sound on Hugo. 

Can't wait to get my hands on T5P, will have a blast on Hugo!

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #429 of 1,351
  Just want to mention that L5 Pro's phone out and SPDIF out can work at the same time, just plug your headphone back and forth for comparison. 

Not having headphones with me atm meaning there is almost no point comparing L5 Pro and Hugo, since I dont like how IEMs sound on Hugo. 

I already tried. I have to say I prefer my customs straight from the L5P as well.

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #430 of 1,351

I already tried. I have to say I prefer my customs straight from the L5P as well.

The bass of Piotr's Ei.xx straight from the L5 Pro is one of a kind, forget SE846.

Sounds like you will be really busy until x-mas reviewing everything
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #431 of 1,351

The bass of Piotr's Ei.xx straight from the L5 Pro is one of a kind, forget SE846.

Sounds like you will be really busy until x-mas reviewing everything
wink.gif

Thanks man, part 3 tomorrow. You should hear the new Lime Ears Aether with the sub activated straight out of the L5P, my gawd!
On average I always have 2 to 3 months of gear lined up for review, and that's one article a week. Will get back to you by pm but I have to run now.

Oct 2, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #432 of 1,351
People, has anyone compared Luxury&Precision L5 Pro with Questyle QP1/QP1R??? They, kind of, represent different approaches and have different entrails, but still it's very interesting how they compare:)

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #434 of 1,351
Man, this eBay international shipping program is ****.

Thanks man, part 3 tomorrow. You should hear the new Lime Ears Aether with the sub activated straight out of the L5P, my gawd!
On average I always have 2 to 3 months of gear lined up for review, and that's one article a week. Will get back to you by pm but I have to run now.

Must be fun to pair up L5p with different IEMs and Headphones, when you done, please tell us what the best combos were. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back