New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Sep 18, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #317 of 1,351
Hi John,

I want to upgrade my L5, but now I'm traveling without my L5. So it may be at the end of Dec. to confirm SN and send it to you or L&P. In this case, can I upgrade my L5 to L5 Pro?

Best regards,

Sep 18, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #319 of 1,351
Oh! that's a bad news….
I'm a single, so I can't have someone ship my L5. I bought my L5 from Penon Audio, so I can confirm the purchase date. But I can't do other things now. So If I can upgrade at the end of Dec, I will join it.

Thanks,

Sep 19, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #322 of 1,351
  Bringing some updates to this thread, there is a new firmware update 1.0.0.7(beta testing still, might be some bugs still. I have been using for one week and it is fine.)
Changeblog:frowning2:non-official)
1. File Sorting Added.(Sorting Songs by album name/artist name etc.)
2. Shuffle Playback added(fixed).
3. Some bug fixes and sonic improvement.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/unnyqbbywsl1vuo/LPFWPKG_L5_V1.0.0.7.rar?dl=0

Just FYI...

I ran into troubles updating to this 1.0.0.7. The update went well but as soon as I chose the option "Update Media Library", it went to show a progress bar and the L5 just froze. I could switch the L5 off by pressing and holding the power button but whenever I turned it back on, it would go straight back to the progress bar and get stuck there.  Removing the SD card didn't help.  The only way I could get the L5 back to work was to connect it to my laptop and downgrade the FW to 1.0.0.6.

Another thing I find annoying about each FW update is that the language would revert back to Chinese and the C1 and C2 custom settings would be nullified. 

Sep 19, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #323 of 1,351
On a positive note, I found that L5 can outclass the SQ of my Oppo HA-2 DAC+Moto G combo.
wink_face.gif

L5 seems to have a better dynamic range and can reveal much more details in music. I know this may not be a fair comparison...  so just take it with a pinch of salt.

Sep 19, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #324 of 1,351

Just FYI...

I ran into troubles updating to this 1.0.0.7. The update went well but as soon as I chose the option "Update Media Library", it went to show a progress bar and the L5 just froze. I could switch the L5 off by pressing and holding the power button but whenever I turned it back on, it would go straight back to the progress bar and get stuck there.  Removing the SD card didn't help.  The only way I could get the L5 back to work was to connect it to my laptop and downgrade the FW to 1.0.0.6.

Another thing I find annoying about each FW update is that the language would revert back to Chinese and the C1 and C2 custom settings would be nullified. 

That too I find annoying, I think they are working on bringing language selection as the start menu after firmware updates.

As for your bug, I never have that, could it be certain files corrupted? I honestly don't know.

Sep 19, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #326 of 1,351
So here is a Chinese fan-made video showing L5's new UI and touch screen experience, looks pretty solid, very smartphone-ish.
With permission from the original author, I ported it over to YouTube for you guys.

I suppose not a lot of people here understand Chinese, just skip through the video to have a rough idea of the new UI/touch screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back