New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Sep 15, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #301 of 1,351
Some news about the leather case: LP is starting to sell leather case for L5/L5 Pro, at a price of 399 RMB(around 65 USD).

It is an hand made leather case using saddle leather which is also known as crazy horse leather.

I am usually not a fan of leather cases, or any type of casing at all, but this leather case looks pretty good.

Sep 15, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #302 of 1,351
I'm getting the L5Pro for review, I hope there's a full english manual
cool.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #303 of 1,351
Cant wait to hear reviews about it, where are you getting L5 pro from? @Ultrainferno  Did they start selling it in China?

I heard from people attending the Guangzhou audio expo, they said that the sound is much more vivid and dynamic; significant improvement in sound stage and the touch screen is almost as sensitive as smartphones. Hope that it is as good as it sounds. =D

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #304 of 1,351
Cant wait to hear reviews about it, where are you getting L5 pro from? @Ultrainferno
  Did they start selling it in China?

I heard from people attending the Guangzhou audio expo, they said that the sound is much more vivid and dynamic; significant improvement in sound stage and the touch screen is almost as sensitive as smartphones. Hope that it is as good as it sounds. =D

Some guy is sending me one. You should know, John :wink:

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #306 of 1,351
Listen up boyz and gals

So I was asking Mr.Wan about the potential international exchange for L5 pro and he is interested in doing so as a token of appreciation to the L5 owners who has supported Luxury & Precision in the past. He has to make sure a few things with other departments of the company to make sure it is good to go.

Meanwhile, I will be helping to collect information from people who want the exchange offer. So send me a private message through head-fi including your name, shipping address, phone number, L5 SN number(can be found in setting), purchase date, and purchase vendor.

Please note that the exchange is still in planning stage, the information collected (number of interested customers) will help pushing it through planning stage. However, the exchange can also end up not happening due to LP's internal reasoning, so do not get your hope tooooooo high(or low).

Please note too, that please only send me PM if you are really serious into exchanging your L5 for L5 pro, which has an estimate cost of 1000 RMB (~150 USD) plus the one-way (you to LP) shipping cost(depending on where you live, it can cost between 30~80 USD, I can be wrong). The payment will probably be through Paypal. And also, the absence of your favorite DAP for 2~3 weeks which can very well result in lack of sleep, abnormal pressure and tension.

Please note three, that this will be an ONE TIME exchange opportunity for L5 Pro, no other exchanges will take place after this opportunity. So make your choices wisely.
wink_face.gif

Feel free to throw me questions on this thread.

Ignore typos if u see them, I am sleepy when i typed this zzzzzZzzzZZZZ

John

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #307 of 1,351
Oh, before I go to sleep for work tomorrow, here are some new photo of L5 pro I found in the chat group
I mean, I totally didnt ask for permission for these photos OPPPS

Source: Chinese LP chat group

Sep 16, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #309 of 1,351
  Listen up boyz and gals

So I was asking Mr.Wan about the potential international exchange for L5 pro and he is interested in doing so as a token of appreciation to the L5 owners who has supported Luxury & Precision in the past. He has to make sure a few things with other departments of the company to make sure it is good to go.

Meanwhile, I will be helping to collect information from people who want the exchange offer. So send me a private message through head-fi including your name, shipping address, phone number, L5 SN number(can be found in setting), purchase date, and purchase vendor.

Please note that the exchange is still in planning stage, the information collected (number of interested customers) will help pushing it through planning stage. However, the exchange can also end up not happening due to LP's internal reasoning, so do not get your hope tooooooo high(or low).

Please note too, that please only send me PM if you are really serious into exchanging your L5 for L5 pro, which has an estimate cost of 1000 RMB (~150 USD) plus the one-way (you to LP) shipping cost(depending on where you live, it can cost between 30~80 USD, I can be wrong). The payment will probably be through Paypal. And also, the absence of your favorite DAP for 2~3 weeks which can very well result in lack of sleep, abnormal pressure and tension.

Please note three, that this will be an ONE TIME exchange opportunity for L5 Pro, no other exchanges will take place after this opportunity. So make your choices wisely.
wink_face.gif

Feel free to throw me questions on this thread.

Ignore typos if u see them, I am sleepy when i typed this zzzzzZzzzZZZZ

John

Thanks John. I am sure you remember that I am one of those affected by the L5 screen cancer issue. Would I be qualified for the trade-in/upgrade? I am interested but I can only take the exchange offer if it happens before Oct 1 because I'll have to travel overseas between Oct 1 to Dec 1.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #311 of 1,351
wonder how would the L5Pro compare with L5 and LP5? (and from the look at it, it seems like Luxury & Precision themselves had given up on LP5? as you don't really see them doing anything about the complains on the firmware and GUI, but instead they keep moving on to new products)

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #312 of 1,351

Hey @unknownguardian So I assume unless some one on Head-Fi got his/her hands on L5 Pro, all would be suspicion or rumors from others. 

And LP has been actively, I mean well, once every few weeks, bringing firmware updates on the LP5 and L5. I don't know if they will still produce and sell L5, but there will be ongoing supports to all of LP's product.

Sep 17, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #313 of 1,351
Hi John,

I'm very interested in the exchange however, my L5 is currently with Penon for repair.
Is it possible for me to just pay L&P directly and send the L5 pro to Penon instead of sending me another L5 again?

TIA

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #315 of 1,351
So LP just made L5pro announcement on Chinese forums,here is a rough translation. (like really rough!

LP is aware that there were flaws and problems with L5's design/components and they wished to fix them with the upcoming L5 Pro.

Mr.Wan want for more than just improving the user experience/appearance of the device and have emphasis on sonic improvement. So they got some help from an expert from Analog Devices(ADI)and have made a series of changes to L5's circuit board. Blah blah blah about some changes to the amp stages that I posted above in this thread. So in the end, L5 Pro will have a much larger sound stage and more dynamic sounding.

LP tried to improve every little aspects of L5 such as touch screen, mold, memory etc. The new touch screen uses OGS type control which will feel just like touch screens on smartphones, and 32GB MLC 24 BIT ECC FLASH which will also result in more stable sonic performance. Oh, and new UI.

L5 pro will sell for 4999 RMB(~$780 USD) in China, and includes a free leather case while supply lasts.

The photos look pretty damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back