New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Nov 25, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #812 of 1,351
  I have about a dozen of DAPs, while the L5Pro sounds very good I wouldn't dare say it sounds better than the AKs or the X7 in example. I would rather say it sounds different: it has advantages and disadvantages.
But the FW/UI isn't anywhere near the other daps

Well I guess everyone listens to different genres and it somewhat affects one's preference when it comes to sound quality.
=P

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #813 of 1,351
I decided to go for 2pcs 128gb John. I'll just switch bet. them. I think its easier to load on 2 128gb's than a 200gb but yeah the $99 offer of amazon is enticing. :wink:

I have always found switching SD cards to be tedious, last time to tried that was with beosound 2, which I carried 3 sd cards with it. =(

I hope next LP5/L5 successor to have larger internal memory such as 128GB or even 256GB, so we are not that reliant on external memory. 

Plus, it might be cool to have SD cards instead of micro-SD, SD cards are way cheaper!

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #814 of 1,351

Plus, it might be cool to have SD cards instead of micro-SD, SD cards are way cheaper!

That would be a huge plus IMO.

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #817 of 1,351
Comparison in progress
smily_headphones1.gif

My fried just sold his qp1r finding that "wheel" too difficult to use at times.

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #818 of 1,351
A new firmware coming soon, more bug fixes and UI improvement. 

No USB DAC for this firmware still, I am guess I might delay to early December. But firmware updates getting quite frequent hmmmm.

Nov 27, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #819 of 1,351
My fried just sold his qp1r finding that "wheel" too difficult to use at times.

yep, scroll wheel is a disaster in QP1R

I think it's a kind of a plan by Fiio:
- Make daps with faulty wheels
- Wait while competitors do the same
- Fix wheels with update (they really made it)
- ????????
- PROFIT!

Nov 27, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #820 of 1,351
yep, scroll wheel is a disaster in QP1R

I think it's a kind of a plan by Fiio:
- Make daps with faulty wheels
- Wait while competitors do the same
- Fix wheels with update (they really made it)
- ????????
- PROFIT!

That is some conspiracy theory right there. 
wink_face.gif

Hows the comparison coming along?

Nov 27, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #822 of 1,351
$749 sale, valid 2 days at Shenzhenaudio.com
http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/luxury-precision-l5-pro-32g-hifi-32bit-192khz-portable-lossless-player-dsd-player.html

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #823 of 1,351
  A new firmware coming soon, more bug fixes and UI improvement. 

No USB DAC for this firmware still, I am guess I might delay to early December. But firmware updates getting quite frequent hmmmm.

John, please tell me Mr Wan is working on touch-swiping? 
biggrin.gif
After testing X7 and DX80, every time I get my hands on L5 Pro - I can't understand why touch-swiping is not working
wink.gif

Btw, the latest X7 firmware update scaled up that FiiO's dap to L5 Pro level, no kidding.  Just a sound quality only and for IEMs only.

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #825 of 1,351

John, please tell me Mr Wan is working on touch-swiping? 
biggrin.gif
After testing X7 and DX80, every time I get my hands on L5 Pro - I can't understand why touch-swiping is not working
wink.gif

Btw, the latest X7 firmware update scaled up that FiiO's dap to L5 Pro level, no kidding.  Just a sound quality only and for IEMs only.

LP are working on that, but not a specific time constraint on it though, unlike USB DAC they are just finalizing it now.

PS. Just purchased the fostex thx00, can't wait to hear how the two woodies play together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back