new Alessandro MS-2's for $225 plus free shipping, or Ety ER4's..?
Jan 23, 2005 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
I just saw that Alessandro's website has 25% off all their headphones and free shipping. I had been debating about some Ety ER4's for home use, and now these pop up! After selling a pair of SR60's, I could get the MS-2's for around $175. Seems like these would be a good compliment to the HD580's I have. But should I go for these or the Etys? I don't need isolation at home, although it might be nice from time to time, it's definitely not a requirement. So between Jahn's opinion on the MS-2's and Edipisreks (sp?) recent review of the ER4's... I'm just at a standstill with which cans to get..

Jan 23, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
I just saw that Alessandro's website has 25% off all their headphones and free shipping. I had been debating about some Ety ER4's for home use, and now these pop up! After selling a pair of SR60's, I could get the MS-2's for around $175. Seems like these would be a good compliment to the HD580's I have. But should I go for these or the Etys? I don't need isolation at home, although it might be nice from time to time, it's definitely not a requirement. So between Jahn's opinion on the MS-2's and Edipisreks (sp?) recent review of the ER4's... I'm just at a standstill with which cans to get..

Figures, I just bought a pair used.

Jan 23, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 19
It doesn't apply to phones and stuff. Read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page:

Quote:

* Headphones, vacuum tubes, high-end parts, Working Dog amps, and
vintage gear not subject to online discounts.

It's always been there IIRC.

Jan 23, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 19
I hope they are not just clearing out old stock because I plan to put an order down this very minute. The wait was killing me.

EDIT: Christ.. I've read the disclaimer before and knew the discount excluded headphones, I think i'm delirious now.. quick somebody get me a ETA on those new MS-2s before I start convulsing.

Jan 23, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #7 of 19
They aren't
mad.gif

Discounts exclude: headphones, vacuume tubes, vintage/studio gear, working dog and parts

Got all excited for a milisecond - was going to order a pair of MS1's...

Jan 23, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyin9
Are you sure the headphones are on sale, Alessandro has had that 25% off sale going for a while but it excludes headphones and a few other things.

right you are, and I think that's pretty $hitty... they can't knock 25% off a pair of $300 headphones? Looks like I won't be buying any Alessandros..

Jan 24, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #10 of 19
Crap! You don't know how worked up I was when I opened this thread! Oh well, missed out on my SRV Couldn't Stand the Weather SACD on the 'Gon today, too so I guess it's par for the course. My luck STINKS today.

Jan 24, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #11 of 19
Don't feel bad guys, even if it were true and you did order them, don't ever expect to get anything from them. One month since I ordered and 2 emails later and I haven't heard a thing.

Jan 24, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by perfektrtw
Don't feel bad guys, even if it were true and you did order them, don't ever expect to get anything from them. One month since I ordered and 2 emails later and I haven't heard a thing.

That's funny. When I ordered an MS1 ca. a year ago they came within a week. And the e-mails were at moderate speed. Though your experience was not a good one, I don't think it represents the whole. Of course I've heard bad things about aless before, but I've also heard good things as well. So I doubt every or almost every alessandro owner has and will go through this.

Also, I think it's due to the fact that aless are more popular now among headphone enthusiasts. They're probably either busy, scared, or they f'ed up somehow. Cause like I said, back when I got mine (when aless wer not too well known), it was quite a good transaction.

Jan 24, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #13 of 19
I just got a pair of ETY ER4S . they are simply awesome.. Much better then my Grado SR80. Go for it..
etysmile.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #14 of 19
I bought a set of MS1's about 2 weeks ago. I'd initially tried to buy on-line, but Zone Alarm Pro had a pop-up warning stating the security certificate was out of date. I ended up calling Allessandro and spoke to George (the owner) who answered the phone.

perfektrtw, have you ever called Allesandro?

did you receive a confirmation of your order?

George is not exactly the computer businessman.

Call him and find out what's wrong or what's holding things up. A lot of people still feel more comfortable using the telephone rather than the internet.

Don't you think it might be worth while to find out?

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
right you are, and I think that's pretty $hitty... they can't knock 25% off a pair of $300 headphones? Looks like I won't be buying any Alessandros..

You should organize a group buy if you want to have them as cheap as $225.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back