New album releases in 2010 - Update/discussion thread
Mar 17, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #91 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just picked up Broken Bells "Broken Bells" and The White Stripes "Great White Northern Lights"

Broken Bells cool , very mellow.

How's the White Stripes album? I love them to an almost bisexual degree, and will probably eat up new content regardless, but...

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #92 of 202
A wild Streetlight Manifesto cover album appears!

folderkp.jpg

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #93 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How's the White Stripes album? I love them to an almost bisexual degree, and will probably eat up new content regardless, but...

It took a little to warm up to. By the end I started to really like it. I will listen to it a few more times to get to know it better.

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #94 of 202
I'm a Stripes fan so of course I'm liking it, but, well if you do like the band there's no question you'll like the live album. Then again, the Stripes live and on record are two totally different things so. I like it.

Mar 17, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #95 of 202
I'm a Stripes / Dead Weather fan. Some albums take a little bit for me to "Get It" The Dead Weather was great from the start.

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #99 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Dead Weather was great from the start.

Absolutely, I thought that album was great and better than the last two White Stripes' releases. Part of me has wondered whether WS has gone about everywhere they can go.

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #100 of 202
Extra Life, Gonja Sufi and Flying Lotus this year.
Already got the first two, the first is pretty good and Gonja Sufi really released a good album.
Excited for Flylo

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #102 of 202
Just picked this up
volume2.jpg

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #103 of 202
^ me too, waited ages for it! more "lush" as she says over the last one. I like it. Listened to it on repeat last night in bed until I woke up.. I like doing that as you can catch parts of songs half-asleep and it brings out another level in the song/music. Love the way the songs can be "sad" but still has that upbeat style to it, as if she's singing it still with a smile on her face (Pitchfork couldn't have described it better lol).

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #105 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by adiZero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any comments on the new MGMT album?

It's different sounding than 'Oracular Spectacular', not as dance friendly throughout but still has a smooth psychedelic sounding feel to it. Overall I like the album, this is only based upon a few listens but so far I prefer the OS album but that may change.

I like 'Flash Delerium', 'Siberian Breaks' and 'Congratulations' tracks.

Here's a stream - MGMT - Congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back