New album from Buckethead
May 11, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #31 of 36
^Indeed, I guess I could reconsider, if only for those songs.

Robm321: The difference is, Michael Jordan didn't release a new jam DVD or whatever every time he felt like messing around with a basketball. Some of Buckethead's albums are just unlistenable noodling. Very few albums fall under this category, but it still seems unnecessary to release this sort of stuff.

May 12, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmurray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, I'll save you the trouble and tell you that the latest album is definately not filler. Go get it
wink.gif

Please specify when you say "latest album", as that could change by the time I read this. Do you still mean Diamond in the Rough?

May 12, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, by that logic, Vivaldi would have been a great composer if he didn't write so much music???? Guess what - he was a great composer.

I actually don't like Mozart much.

May 12, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Robm321: The difference is, Michael Jordan didn't release a new jam DVD or whatever every time he felt like messing around with a basketball. Some of Buckethead's albums are just unlistenable noodling. Very few albums fall under this category, but it still seems unnecessary to release this sort of stuff.

But he did try to play baseball and failed miserably. I guess that would be the equivalent of Buckethead making a couple of bonehead recordings. It doesn't diminish his good ones... or shouldn't anyway. To continue with that analogy. I'd rather him be creative, take risks and fail sometimes than to play it safe.

I don't know how I ended up defending Buckethead anyway, my favorite is Steve Vai who also released some noodling CDs which I bought and enjoyed. I'd rather have them available and choose to get them or not. I don't hold it against him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back