NEW! AKG K812
Oct 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #617 of 990
Just read a new, albeit short review of the K812 in the German newspaper "Frankfurter Allgemeine". The reviewer mainly states the obvious, such as the very low Imperanz (making it easy to use elsewhere than where one has a big amp) and the nice mechanical quality. Nevertheless, on the sound-side here are the main comments given:
-Very neutral sounding (stated several times)
-After just a moment one realise that it easily keeps up with the competition and even surpass some (all the usual suspects listed)
-Presize and "Airy".
-Enough spacial resolution
-Not too many high tones, nor too many bottom tones (I guess that comes with neutrality)
-Only the HD800 can do something similar today; the only real competition for the K812 (the reviewer mentions the Stax SR-009 earlier in the review; probably he forgot about it towards the end...)

Full preview here: http://www.faz.net/aktuell/technik-motor/audio-video/akg-k812-dieser-kopfhoerer-klingt-bezaubernd-12626364.html

To be honest not exactly the review I was hoping for, nevertheless one more somewhat possitive opinion...
Regards

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #621 of 990
  Just read a new, albeit short review of the K812 in the German newspaper "Frankfurter Allgemeine". The reviewer mainly states the obvious, such as the very low Imperanz (making it easy to use elsewhere than where one has a big amp) and the nice mechanical quality. Nevertheless, on the sound-side here are the main comments given:
-Very neutral sounding (stated several times)
-After just a moment one realise that it easily keeps up with the competition and even surpass some (all the usual suspects listed)
-Presize and "Airy".
-Enough spacial resolution
-Not too many high tones, nor too many bottom tones (I guess that comes with neutrality)
-Only the HD800 can do something similar today; the only real competition for the K812 (the reviewer mentions the Stax SR-009 earlier in the review; probably he forgot about it towards the end...)

Full preview here: http://www.faz.net/aktuell/technik-motor/audio-video/akg-k812-dieser-kopfhoerer-klingt-bezaubernd-12626364.html

To be honest not exactly the review I was hoping for, nevertheless one more somewhat possitive opinion...
Regards

Thanks for your effort sharing and translating for others!

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #622 of 990
It's 1099€

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #623 of 990
silly question...is this an open can..??? blushhh...

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #624 of 990
yes

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #628 of 990
An interesting price strategy by AKG...or they must feel really confident about their new product!
i say that 3 weeks ago in the past the Price will be 1200-1300 euros!regards nomax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back