New Agalloch Album 2010!
Dec 7, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #31 of 53
I forgot about this thread 
rolleyes.gif

I don't enjoy the new album nearly as much as Ashes or Mantle. It took away the magic that I know Agalloch for, and replaced it with a mediocre, easily crafted album.

That's just compared to their other albums. It's still really good.

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #32 of 53
Really? I find it more refined and flows better than there other albums. I love it as a whole. Don't get me wrong, I think all of Agalloch's albums are friggin' gold, but Marrow is my favie 
biggrin.gif

Also Bob (if that is your real name o_O) what is your favorite Agalloch album?

Dec 8, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #33 of 53
It depends. On most days I'd say Ashes, on calm mornings I'd say White EP, on meditative, introspective evenings I'd grab a coat and sit outside in the cold with The Mantle.

If I am in the mood for Marrow, I'd rather listen to Wolves in the Throne Room or similar. 

Dec 8, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #34 of 53
I stopped listening to Agalloch after they ripped off Dimmu Bogir's Stormblast on the album The Mantel. How any band can record an idiotic simple cover song and not give the writers any credit is beyond me. I have no respect for
them.
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot.png

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #35 of 53

Quote:
I stopped listening to Agalloch after they ripped off Dimmu Bogir's Stormblast on the album The Mantel. How any band can record an idiotic simple cover song and not give the writers any credit is beyond me. I have no respect for
them.
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot.png

Uh...huh, got any facts to back this up?

Anyhoo, due to me running in my new HD800 I've listened to Marrow of the Spirit three times in a row today. I think it may be their best album, or at the very least as good as the Mantle.

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #36 of 53

Quote:
It depends. On most days I'd say Ashes, on calm mornings I'd say White EP, on meditative, introspective evenings I'd grab a coat and sit outside in the cold with The Mantle.

If I am in the mood for Marrow, I'd rather listen to Wolves in the Throne Room or similar. 

I haven't listen to Wolves in the Throne Room. Is that a band?

Dec 8, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #37 of 53

Quote:
Quote:

It's a band. It's more black metal than anything else. Get the Two Hunters Vinyl rip. The vinyl version of "The Cleansing" is a must listen.

Dec 8, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #38 of 53

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's a band. It's more black metal than anything else. Get the Two Hunters Vinyl rip. The vinyl version of "The Cleansing" is a must listen.

How would I go about getting this vinyl rip? I don't have the vinyl nor the means to rip said vinyl. My god, are you promoting pirating!?! 
wink_face.gif

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #40 of 53
Did you order from cdwow.com?  That's where I ordered mine and it should be getting here any day now. 

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #41 of 53

Quote:
Did you order from cdwow.com?  That's where I ordered mine and it should be getting here any day now. 

Yeah, I ordered it from them.  Mine was shipped from Hong Kong.  

Overall I thought the album was absolutely amazing.  I wasn't sure how I was going to like the new drummer, but I dig him.  He is really clean and precise.  This will definitely be one of my favorite albums for along time.  

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #42 of 53

They must have shipped ours on the same day!  I got #703.
Quote:
I just got mine in!  It's the limited edition, #702.   Can't wait to give it a listen!

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #43 of 53
Impression thus far:

musically- impressed!

sound quality- this album sounds way better on speakers than it does on headphones for me

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #44 of 53

Quote:
Impression thus far:

musically- impressed!

sound quality- this album sounds way better on speakers than it does on headphones for me

What cans are you using to listen to it?

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #45 of 53
So far I've only tried using UR40's. Sometime I'm going to try listening with my LD + 580 setup to see how that is. The reason I prefer to listen to this album through my speakers (so far) is because my speaker setup does a good job of portraying width and depth. Also my speaker setup does a great job of revealing layers and shading of the sound (I know, I'm not very good at audiophile terminology). Also the speakers have a holographic sound so there are times when Haughm's whispers seem to be coming from behind.  It's a cool part of Magnepan sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back