New Agalloch Album 2010!
Aug 3, 2010 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

golgi

500+ Head-Fier
As you're probably aware, they are currently working on their new album. 
But they can be so secretive that they don't always make their fans aware of new releases available for purchase.

So, I beg of all you Agalloch fans.  Whoever among us first discovers that the album is available, even for preorder, please please please post in this thread right away so we can all get our own order in.  Thanks

Aug 3, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 53
I'm pretty excited about it. They haven't done a bad album in my opinion.

Hopefully the mastering on this new one will be a little more reasonable, though. Ashes Against the Grain had some pretty gnarly clipping in several places.

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 53
I've signed up to Profound Lore's (Agalloch's new label) newsletter so I can be informed when the album will be available for order.

Aug 4, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 53
Yes, definitely hoping the mastering is better than Ashes. 

And that's  a great suggestion about the newsletter.  I just did the same.

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #7 of 53
Hey Guys, 
Good to see Agalloch fans on here. I know I'm in good hands now :wink:

BTW - They finished recording and mastering I think, and they are signed. All good signs. It's just time now.

I also got the Boxed Vinyl set which is freaking epic.

Aug 5, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #8 of 53
Whoa, what's this about Ashes Against the Grain sounding iffy? I have the album on vinyl (the original release) and it sounds fantastic and I would say better than The Mantle, which I also have on vinyl.

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #10 of 53

You sir, are absolutely correct.  I should have clarified in my earlier post.  I have Ashes on vinyl also.  Ashes does indeed sound great on vinyl.   But my cd version is a little hot sounding.  So I'm hoping it's good sound quality for all this time around regardless of vinyl or cd. 
Quote:
Whoa, what's this about Ashes Against the Grain sounding iffy? I have the album on vinyl (the original release) and it sounds fantastic and I would say better than The Mantle, which I also have on vinyl.

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #11 of 53

Quote:
All the Agalloch albums sound awesome, Pale Folklore can be debated. 

Yes, agreed.  The cd version is not that great sounding in comparison to their others.  But I also have it on the original blue vinyl which to me sounds good. 

I wasn't able to buy the new wooden box set.  I'd be curious to know if those new vinyl editions sound identical to the original releases or not.

Sep 21, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #12 of 53
AGALLOCH have completed work on their fourth full-length entitled “Marrow Of The Spirit”- http://www.profoundlorerecords.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=998&Itemid=2

Sep 22, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #13 of 53
i love their music, but i HATE their vocals..  if there's anything with the music like this but without the harsh vocals, let me know please
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #15 of 53
http://cdn.stereogum.com/files/mp3/Agalloch%20-%20The%20Watchers%20Monolith.flv

Their new song. Apparently this is the first time they are recording in an analogue recording studio with real amps. Before they would record everything direct into a computer via guitar pods. Sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back