New Agalloch Album 2010!
Oct 31, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #16 of 53
Thanks for posting that.  Sounds good. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album! Any day now...

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #19 of 53
I opted for the limited edition import.  Here is where I ordered mine- http://www.cdwow.us/CD/agalloch-marrow-of-the-spirit-limited-edition/dp/18569793

I checked around and that seemed to be the best price for delivery in US.

Nov 30, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #20 of 53
My Agalloch Cd arrived today from Amazon. After dinner I'll have a listen to it. Can't wait.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #22 of 53
Ok, first off the bat the album is pretty darned amazing. Having said that, this is a very dense, complex album that will take a few listens to reveal its secrets. Oh, and the mastering on this album is phenomenal. I can't wait 'til the vinyl version gets released as everything was recorded on analog equipment.

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #23 of 53
Thanks for the impressions Gazza.  I can hardly wait till my cd gets here.  It's on the way so hopefully by this weekend. 

Also really looking forward to the vinyl version.  Will be buying it as soon as it's available.  If you find out anything about it, please post back. 

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #25 of 53

I share a similar opinion. I like the musical score and composition but I find it difficult to enjoy the vocals.

Quote:
i love their music, but i HATE their vocals..  if there's anything with the music like this but without the harsh vocals, let me know please
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #26 of 53
Never heard of this band, gonna check them out. Thanks.

Dec 3, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #27 of 53
I think the best way to describe this album is textured. It can be best summed up as a bird's nest made of barbed wire that engulfs the worlds most delicate and beautiful chick.

Oh, and those wanting a band that sounds like Agalloch but without the vocals; don't bother. The vocals help define the music and without them you wouldn't have Agalloch. My suggestion would be to start with Agalloch's The White EP and then move on to The Mantle. Those two should help you acclimatise to their sound and then you'll get a feel for their music.

Dec 3, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #28 of 53
Just read the comment about the harsh vocals and I couldnt agree with you more. The level of depth that the harsh vocals add is unbelievable.. while I havent heard Agalloch's music yet, I cant imagine some of my favorite bands like Moonsorrow without their awesome vocal style.

Quote:
I think the best way to describe this album is textured. It can be best summed up as a bird's nest made of barbed wire that engulfs the worlds most delicate and beautiful chick.

Oh, and those wanting a band that sounds like Agalloch but without the vocals; don't bother. The vocals help define the music and without them you wouldn't have Agalloch. My suggestion would be to start with Agalloch's The White EP and then move on to The Mantle. Those two should help you acclimatise to their sound and then you'll get a feel for their music.

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #29 of 53
I checked this band just because of this thread
gave a listen to the Mantle, ohh its really good
just what I need heavier than PTree, lighter than Opeth.

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #30 of 53

Quote:
I checked this band just because of this thread
gave a listen to the Mantle, ohh its really good
just what I need heavier than PTree, lighter than Opeth.

I completely agree. Its right between Porc and Opeth. It's actually kinda funny you say that, because the three albums I have been listening to lately are Opeth's Watershed, PTree's In Absentia, and Agalloch's Marrow of the Spirit. If you have yet to hear Marrow of the Spirit, you must listen to it. It's my favorite Agalloch album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back