New Adam Monitors
Apr 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DeadBeats

New Head-Fier

"The brand new F series: The ART of Affordability
The aim is to focus on the essence of ADAM speakers at a new, lower price point."

I don't get it, the A3X are only more 22€ than the F5. What am I missing?

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 7
the F5 is probably a 5" driver tho, and should be compared price wise to the A5X and ARTist 5, not the 3X. 

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 7
A5X : Dimensions: H x W x D: (280 mm) x (170 mm) x (220 mm)

F5 : Dimensions: H x W x D: 290 x 185 x 230 mm

The F5 seems to be even bigger than the A5X, but has less amplifier power and worse drivers.

Maybe the F series are voiced to sound more pleasant or something?

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #4 of 7
I believe they're just trying to cut corners by making acceptable compromises. Soundwise they should be very comparable to the AX series. I own the A3Xs and I'm very happy with them, but had I known about the incoming F series, I'd have waited to pull the trigger on the F5s.
What we need is something to compete with Audioengine's and Emotiva's, not yet another studio monitor. And Adam is giving us what we want.

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
I believe they're just trying to cut corners by making acceptable compromises. Soundwise they should be very comparable to the AX series. I own the A3Xs and I'm very happy with them, but had I known about the incoming F series, I'd have waited to pull the trigger on the F5s.
What we need is something to compete with Audioengine's and Emotiva's, not yet another studio monitor. And Adam is giving us what we want.

From his talk I gather they are a notch down the performance of the AX. Also it seems the A3X already tops the emotivas, read http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/adam-artist-3-desktop-speakers
In the conclusion: "The airmotiv 4 ain't chopped liver and I still love it, but the ARTist 3 is in another league."

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #6 of 7
the A3X is different than the ARTist 3. Fwiw. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back