New ACS T1 Customs
Sep 25, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #16 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw different type of cable option. If anyone can tell me wat is the difference & which one should I choose ?

I think my T2s have the "Silver" cable option - but email ACS about it - they were very helpful with me when I was trying to make decisions about options
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #17 of 118
do tell us your impression... a comparison with tf10p, se530 or ue11 will be good. i'm planning to get a t1 too.

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #18 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do tell us your impression... a comparison with tf10p, se530 or ue11 will be good. i'm planning to get a t1 too.

I am interested on the review as well.

I was in Stereo few weeks back picking up my replacement SE530 when the manager told me they would be carrying ACS soon...
smile.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #19 of 118
deciding between this and the UE11pro. Actually I was almost set on the UE11 pro already, until the review at Jaben came out. Anyone else care to share your experience with this?

Nov 1, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #20 of 118
T1 sound like a close headphone to me where ue11p still can't break away from the IEM sound sig. T1 is harder to put on as silicon is soft (the iem body is very flexible) and the friction. But once on, it very comfortable. I much prefer T1 sound sig over UE11. Btw, the strongest point of t1is the soundstaging. It very huge in IEM context. Almost as good or even better than close headphone of sub US$150 range imo. I know i can't complain about the accessories that cam along with it since it stated on their website but certainly, if se530 can give so many accessories, i believe ACS should do it too. anyway, i'm paying for the sound taht i want so i must say i'm very happy with t1.

Nov 1, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #21 of 118
I find that the T1 bass if just more will be better. Anyway, this is my first custom IEM. All the while, I am used to headphone bass & I doubt no IEM can produce that.

Another thing is the seal, the T1 can fit very well ( isolate well ) but do you find that too much isolation will reduce the sound ? The tip of my T1 will go deep ( I think touching the 2nd ear canal ) but I notice that when it's out a bit, I can hear more thing.

Or comparing a close & open headphone ?

Nov 1, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #22 of 118
I don't have the issue. Maybe your ear impression wasn't that well done in the 1st place. I like the isolation. not even my um56 can isolate that well

Nov 1, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #23 of 118
How do you know that the custom IEM is done correctly ?
Suppose to do a close jaw impression for ACS IEM according to what Aron said ?

About the bass, I believed we are talking about mp3 player set to normal ?

Actually, it's seal very well. But when you push in the IEM, should it touches the ear skin of the 2nd canal ?

As this is my first custom IEM, just a bit of doubt.

Thanks.

Nov 1, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #24 of 118
i used um56 before, therefore i don't have problem adapting to full custom. for my impression, although SE asked me to do close jaw, i did the open jaw. So i don't know about close jaw impression. I don't use any eq setting for my players.

Nov 2, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #25 of 118
Quote:

T1 sound like a close headphone to me where ue11p still can't break away from the IEM sound sig. T1 is harder to put on as silicon is soft (the iem body is very flexible) and the friction. But once on, it very comfortable. I much prefer T1 sound sig over UE11. Btw, the strongest point of t1is the soundstaging. It very huge in IEM context. Almost as good as a low end close headphone of sub $100 range imo. I know i can't complain about the accessories that cam along with it since it stated on their website but certainly, if se530 can give so many accessories, i believe ACS should do it too. anyway, i'm paying for the sound taht i want so i must say i'm very happy with t1.

oops theory, i just shot you a PM over at the Jaben forums lol.

I read that it isn't really the material that the ear pieces are made of that determine comfort, but rather the fit. From what I've read, you've only tried the universal UE11 right? I'm pretty certain that sounds fairly different from the actual custom. So far, at least with the TF10, I like the sound sig, which is why I'm apprehensive about switching camps, but the ACS T1s have quite good reviews, so it's quite hard to ignore.

soundstage only as good as sub $100 headphones? that's not saying very much is it?

Nov 2, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #26 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oops theory, i just shot you a PM over at the Jaben forums lol.

I read that it isn't really the material that the ear pieces are made of that determine comfort, but rather the fit. From what I've read, you've only tried the universal UE11 right? I'm pretty certain that sounds fairly different from the actual custom. So far, at least with the TF10, I like the sound sig, which is why I'm apprehensive about switching camps, but the ACS T1s have quite good reviews, so it's quite hard to ignore.

soundstage only as good as sub $100 headphones? that's not saying very much is it?

tf10p soundstage isn't even on par with KSC75 to say. UE11 is also far for t1 in term of soundstage. i felt t1 soundstage is slightly smaller than ESW9 for a comparision. does that speak alot now? I have tried my friend custom ue11 and same conclusion i have as with the universal ue11. as long you get a good seal, the sound sig would not differ too much. i will say the best bet for you is ue10. it a confirm upgrade from tf10p while it more true to source than ue11. it best that you head down to SE to listen too make decision. money matters here. so why not audition before you make your decision instead of reading reviews? some stuff are over hype like the case for vmoda vibe earlier on.

Nov 2, 2008 at 10:50 AM Post #27 of 118
Quote:

tf10p soundstage isn't even on par with KSC75 to say. UE11 is also far for t1 in term of soundstage. i felt t1 soundstage is slightly smaller than ESW9 for a comparision. does that speak alot now? I have tried my friend custom ue11 and same conclusion i have as with the universal ue11. as long you get a good seal, the sound sig would not differ too much. i will say the best bet for you is ue10. it a confirm upgrade from tf10p while it more true to source than ue11. it best that you head down to SE to listen too make decision. money matters here. so why not audition before you make your decision instead of reading reviews? some stuff are over hype like the case for vmoda vibe earlier on.

that's true. but i'm just getting what information I can first before I have the time to head down to SE. Afterall there's a chance I might not get a good seal with Aron's T1s. I feel it quite odd that everyone seems to be able to get a seal with his earphones... how are they customs then if everyone can fit into it?

btw does SE do impressions like Jaben? where did you get yours done?

Nov 2, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #28 of 118
reason for t1 being easy to fit as it is made of silicon therefore can bend to others ear canal shape to some extend and arron ear canal is pretty straight. I did my impression outside. Just search for any hearing aid shop or care centre will do.

Nov 2, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #29 of 118
Quote:

reason for t1 being easy to fit as it is made of silicon therefore can bend to others ear canal shape to some extend and arron ear canal is pretty straight. I did my impression outside. Just search for any heard aid shop will do.

he let's everyone try his T1? lol.

i'l have to visit him then. with the ue11pros i read alot of horror stories about inadequate fit and multiple reshellings. with the acs t1 there doesn't seem to be any reports of this problem, probably due to the fact that people are still using the t1s even though they're not really a perfect fit, but can be twisted, unlike the ue11pros. there's only one possible fit for those. i'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing though

btw the t1 has substantially less bass presence compared to the Ue11. how are you finding it in the bass department? i know you don't think much of the ue11 bass, but is the t1's bass quantity sufficient?

lastly, another member has told me that the UE11 don't isolate as well as say, the er6. seeing as you've tried both the ue11 and the t1 before, does the t1 isolate much more than the ue11?

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #30 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
he let's everyone try his T1? lol.

i'l have to visit him then. with the ue11pros i read alot of horror stories about inadequate fit and multiple reshellings. with the acs t1 there doesn't seem to be any reports of this problem, probably due to the fact that people are still using the t1s even though they're not really a perfect fit, but can be twisted, unlike the ue11pros. there's only one possible fit for those. i'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing though

btw the t1 has substantially less bass presence compared to the Ue11. how are you finding it in the bass department? i know you don't think much of the ue11 bass, but is the t1's bass quantity sufficient?

lastly, another member has told me that the UE11 don't isolate as well as say, the er6. seeing as you've tried both the ue11 and the t1 before, does the t1 isolate much more for u?

isolation on custom will be better than as universal, provided the ear impression is perfect in the 1st place. Having used almost every major universal iem out there (including um56), t1 isolation is unrivaled (Might be due to my open jaw impression). T1 bass is just nice for me. quantity wise, ue11 have it but quality, t1 take it. For me, if i need more bass or treble, i can achieve it by just switching cables.

About UE refitting, i'm sure it due to imperfect ear impression being done. There is more UE out there compare to ACS, therefore i'm not surprise there will be more post about such problem as compared to ACS.

IMO, your safest bet will be UE10p. You should still try out t1 still before you make the decision. My dad too, prefer tf10p to ue11 due to the ue11 bass. The only player that can do it for me with ue11 is clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back