New ACS T1 Customs
Jul 30, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 118
milkpowder will probably be one of the first to try it out. He seems to be quite interested by the new T1.

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #8 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i swear ive already seen a thread for this a few months ago, in which i exclaimed that they bought the connector from maplin.

The T1 has not been out that long but the option for a Neutrick connector was offered for people who wanted longer cabling. The standard length ones come with the connector from the suppliers. I only know this from talking to Andy at ACS when asking about longer cabling for my T2 - I have the black kevlar cable on mine
smile_phones.gif

So sourcing the connectors from Maplins is not an issue as far as I'm concerned they're still the same brand.

Aug 1, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #10 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4agze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
StevieDvd, care to give a bit review on your ACS T2?
smily_headphones1.gif

have a look here for an in depth review.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #12 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
milkpowder will probably be one of the first to try it out. He seems to be quite interested by the new T1.

Interested? Sure! But my bank account doesn't allow for any more purchases, at least not £645. It's a shame there's no upgrade discount for existing T2 users... Meanwhile, I'll hang on to my T2, which surprisingly still fits very well after nearly two years. (no refits in between. YMMV)

I don't have my HE60 with me atm, but I do have a HD650. The HD650 is clearly superior in terms of soundstage, clarity and sheer detail, but it sounds a too distant for my tastes, and the bass isn't quite as rich, nor does it carry enough weight. Given that I don't have very good dynamic amplification, I can say that the T2 is certainly better-sounding IMO than an under-powered HD650. Timbre-wise the T2 bears resemblance to the HD650: smooth, rich and rounded. If the T1 can improve on the T2 in terms of clarity, instrument separation and bass definition, then we really have a winner. I'd be willing to pay £150 extra for those.

Sep 1, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #13 of 118
Would like to read a comparison between this & UE Pro 11 as both are around the same class.

By the way, don't know how is the comfort between the 2. Read that there is a custom & universal one.

Thinking of getting either one.

Sep 1, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #14 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would like to read a comparison between this & UE Pro 11 as both are around the same class.

By the way, don't know how is the comfort between the 2. Read that there is a custom & universal one.

Thinking of getting either one.

I don't know, but I would suspect that the T1 shares the same silicone material as the T2. There are some reviews of the T2 on this message board, just search for ACS T2.

Don't think that anyone on here has the T1 yet, it seems that it is a fairly new product. But don't let us stop you from taking the plunge :p

Sep 25, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #15 of 118
Hi, I think I had decided to get the T1. Still waiting for the price finalisation from Stereo Sound. Most probably in a few days time.

I saw different type of cable option. If anyone can tell me wat is the difference & which one should I choose ?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back