New 24/192 dac from china-nice!
Oct 29, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #226 of 1,341
I should be getting my DAC board and clock soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #228 of 1,341
I got my new DAC board and clock. WIll install later
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #231 of 1,341
I received the DY2000 today. Ok, I'm not a techie but I have replaced op amps before. I could not install this puppy. I could get one side or the other but not both. Eventually, the very tip of one of the prongs broke off.

This is a tip to all you non-techies. DON'T. Get some one to do it for you or get the proper equipment. I should have had a magnifying glass and a bright light. I'm an idiot. Don't you be.
frown.gif

Nov 2, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #232 of 1,341
OUCH! Sorry for the loss of your opamp! That browndog must have really been tight!

Nov 3, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #234 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by skysaxon
I'm an idiot.

Welcome to Team Idiot.
It's not exactly an exclusive club, most head-fiers are member of Team Idiot.
Unfortunately ruining an opamp does'nt qualify for an "idioticus supremus" title.Personally I'm one of those top tier idiots you have to compete with.
Last month : Admittedly a $60 tube slipping through the fingers onto the concrete floor or a broken Stax Lambda frame is just business as usual, but frying two expensive sources within 60 minutes isn't easy to top.
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #235 of 1,341
Quote:

I received the DY2000 today. Ok, I'm not a techie but I have replaced op amps before. I could not install this puppy. I could get one side or the other but not both. Eventually, the very tip of one of the prongs broke off.

This is a tip to all you non-techies. DON'T. Get some one to do it for you or get the proper equipment. I should have had a magnifying glass and a bright light. I'm an idiot. Don't you be.
frown.gif

Hello skysaxon

I am very sorry to hear that.It is a tight fit,but i have had not problems with taking it in and out.

Is there anyway it can be fixed?

Nov 3, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #236 of 1,341
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerWilco
Is there anyway it can be fixed?

Shows you how my eyes are not what they used to be (Lasik affects close-up vision without spotlights
eek.gif
). The connector I thought was broken off is merely bent. I will resume trying now.

Nov 3, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #238 of 1,341
Quote:

Nope, can't fit the DY2000. In RogerWilco's photos, the DY2000 has printing on the back. Mine is blank. It is slightly bigger than the original opamp. Mmmm.

Can you take a picture of yours--Mine is also slightly bigger--he might of Accendently sent the wrong op-amp--but it should still fit.It is a little tricky--i use some Needle Nose Pliers to take the original op-amp out and to put the DY 2000 on top of the slot it goes it.Then with my thin cloth gloves i gently worked it in the slot.

I even put progold on the prongs from better contact.

I hope it works out for you.

Nov 3, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #239 of 1,341
Thanks Roger Wilco. Here's Lawrence's reply:
"Two method :
1) plug the DY2000 again and turn on the DAC , see whether it have sound . Since some of the pins in the DY2000 is empty .

2) If the above method make no sound , solder back the leg to the DY2000 and turn on the DAC . I think it have no problem"

I get sound out of one channel. I'll try again tomorrow.

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #240 of 1,341
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back