New $1100 BA IEMs from FAD
Apr 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by javajive /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Skoog-
Thanks for the heads up but I will first see if Dyna 5555 has them as their listening environment is considerably better. Are you in Tokyo as well?

Javajive - I am in Tokyo live in West Tokyo near Kichijoji off the Chuo line. And you?

BTW - where is this Dyna5555 and what do they have in the way of high end IEMs?

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #17 of 33
Javajive... waiting with baited breath for your impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #18 of 33
Is Dyna 5555 still operating? Last I looked at their web site they didn't mention headphones any longer.

skoog: I used to live near Higashi Koganei when I was in Tokyo. Dyna 5555 is on the corner in Akihabara where the audio shop had a frame with large speaker cones outside. 5555 is 1 or 2 doors away from it, owned by the same company. They had a pretty reasonable and very comfortable place to listen to headphones, as well as a very wide and grossly over-priced selection.

Maybe sometime we should try and have a Tokyo mini-meet there this year if we can all find a suitable time (and I can get away).

Apr 17, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Dyna 5555 still operating? Last I looked at their web site they didn't mention headphones any longer...

I was there last month and they were very much in business. Had a huge range of headphones for audition. Found the staff to be extremely helpful and accommodating.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by firoze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was there last month and they were very much in business. Had a huge range of headphones for audition. Found the staff to be extremely helpful and accommodating.

Did you try these IEMs and what's your first impression?.

Apr 17, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by skoog5600 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Javajive - I am in Tokyo live in West Tokyo near Kichijoji off the Chuo line. And you?

BTW - where is this Dyna5555 and what do they have in the way of high end IEMs?

ah Kichijoji... along with Shimokitazawa its one of my favorite neighborhoods. As for me, I'm a bit further out than you in Takao so we both get to enjoy the pleasure of Chuo line and its dubious distinction!

Dyna5555 is in Akihabara and is part of the Dynamic Audio chain. Here's a link to their website http://www.dynamicaudio.jp/audio/5555/top.html which provides a map from clicking on the information button.

Quote:

Originally Posted by firoze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Javajive... waiting with baited breath for your impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry for the wait...... it was raining and cold all week which deterred me from seeking them out but today is the today I try and hunt them down!

Quote:

Is Dyna 5555 still operating? Last I looked at their web site they didn't mention headphones any longer.

Yup, they are still in business. Their first floor is mainly dedicated to headphones and to a lesser extent higher end IEMs

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

skoog: I used to live near Higashi Koganei when I was in Tokyo. Dyna 5555 is on the corner in Akihabara where the audio shop had a frame with large speaker cones outside. 5555 is 1 or 2 doors away from it, owned by the same company. They had a pretty reasonable and very comfortable place to listen to headphones, as well as a very wide and grossly over-priced selection.

Maybe sometime we should try and have a Tokyo mini-meet there this year if we can all find a suitable time (and I can get away).

Currawong - I live in Higashi Koganei now (I just use Kichijoji as it is a popular reference point).

I also have befriended another head fi'er Baptiste who also lives in Tokyo.

Currawong where do you live now? And YES for sure let's have a mini-meet this year and talk shop, compare gadgetry. I know Baptiste what's to give my ALO RX amp a trial run and he will have his pico slim in a few months.

Anyway, let me know and keep in touch.

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #24 of 33
what?? $1100 for a single driver on each side?? thats gotta be one awesome "custom" driver or else it wont sell. someone jump the boat and go preview or buy it and do a review. whatever the sound quality is, that hefty price tag isn't something to ignore. so now we have like 6 $1000 or up iem?

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #25 of 33
Just spent 90 minute with them. My immediate impression was these are quite similar to the e-q7 but brighter and deeper bass so I spent the rest of the time A/Bing the two.

while I took plenty of notes and pics, will spend a couple of hours again tomorrow with them and attempt my first review.

but in short, if they were double rather than 5 times the price of my beloved ck10 or the e-q7, I would have bought them on the spot.

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks javajive! There is some place selling these for 80,000yen though
regular_smile .gif

Still too rich for me KLS but at \50,000 I would probably pull the trigger.

BTW are you in Japan and have you had a chance to hear them?

@helljudgement. Do have some news about a new, improved e-q7? I would not be surprised if they shared the the same or similar driver

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by javajive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still too rich for me KLS but at \50,000 I would probably pull the trigger.

BTW are you in Japan and have you had a chance to hear them?

Yes I am in Japan
normal_smile .gif

Was going to Tokyo this weekend, but I am now in Hitachi to meet up a friend, to get my e-Q7
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back