Never owned an ipod, thinking of getting an iphone?
Mar 11, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If storage is a priority then the iPhone is a big no-no with a mediocre 32gb of memory...

what other phone allows you more than 32 gb of memory? or 16gb in the case of the iphone?

i am someone who is known as not happy with the d2. i owned it and never felt happy: no gapless, no aac, poor interface, poor iem performance other than volume and chunky. it is good for powering an amp but not particularly good as a stand alone music player. i sold it when i got the 1st generation touch which was also not perfect but much better for music playback for my needs.

the 2g touch is what i own now and it rocks: builds upon what the 1g brought to the table but stuffs the hiss ... it is amazing.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what other phone allows you more than 32 gb of memory? or 16gb in the case of the iphone?

i am someone who is known as not happy with the d2. i owned it and never felt happy: no gapless, no aac, poor interface, poor iem performance other than volume and chunky. it is good for powering an amp but not particularly good as a stand alone music player. i sold it when i got the 1st generation touch which was also not perfect but much better for music playback for my needs.

the 2g touch is what i own now and it rocks: builds upon what the 1g brought to the table but stuffs the hiss ... it is amazing.

no gapless? omG even apple have it :p:p:p:p im an album guy, and gapless is a must.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I am happy it allows you 32gb since it's a wanna be mini-computer in which is fails miserably...

Mar 12, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I am happy it allows you 32gb since it's a wanna be mini-computer in which is fails miserably...

please elaborate

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #20 of 21
iPhone doesnt want to be a mini-computer anyway (i guess it then sucks at beening one :p) and it doesnt support 32GB... only 16GB thats it without expansion capability.

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #21 of 21
well sure you cannot do serious computing tasks with an iphone, but what mobile phone can you do that with? none is the answer.

all lack features, some are dysmal, but they are all going more and more computer independent. If it were not for the 3 year contract i must sign with Robbers, i would long ago have gone for an iPhone but probably only an 8gb as 16 really is much more than i need in any typical day or week even.

but the sound is great, the apps are great and if you jailbreak, it is pretty damn full-featured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back