Neutral, Comfortable, Over-Ears, Closed Back? Please?
Jun 18, 2014 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

imackler

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been around a while and probably have some guesses what you might recommend, but I'm beating the bushes for something new. On-Ears are totally out. I've tried 7 or 8 and the only I found comfortable was the ESW9A. I'm looking for something more balanced and detailed across the spectrum.Basically, I'd be happy with an Alpha Dog that is lighter/more comfortable. (For some reason, the leather strap really chafes my scalp; I just can't get used to it.) I need closed back because its more appropriate for my office. 

I love timbre. And strings. But I also love sub-bass when called for. I love balance. If I err toward something, its probably toward liking lush mids, but I despise overdone mids that ruin balance. 

If it helps, I I thought the SRH1540 and HP50 were too warm and bassy. 

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 9
well, you didn't gave us a budget, so I'll go for the cheap options.

the always mentioned NVX XPT100 and the Senn HD280 Pro seem options to consider. give them a look

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 9
Soundmagic HP100 might be a good choice for you.

That was not on my radar at all. I'm a little thrown off by Clieos' referring to it as Etymotic like. I actually like Etymotic but they fall apart when it comes to electronic music, etc. Nice recommendation! 

I'm trying to find someone who has heard both HP100 and the DT660. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 9
That was not on my radar at all. I'm a little thrown off by Clieos' referring to it as Etymotic like. I actually like Etymotic but they fall apart when it comes to electronic music, etc. Nice recommendation! 

I'm trying to find someone who has heard both HP100 and the DT660. 

Glad that helped.

You might try asking in the HP100 thread to see if anyone has heard both: http://www.head-fi.org/t/616201/soundmagic-hp100-review

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #9 of 9
U r a candidate for yaamaha mt220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back