Neumann NDH 30
Apr 4, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #4,816 of 4,909
Thinking about getting the NDH30 over the HD660S2

Haven't been able to decide my choice :/
Buy both and return the one you like less.

Apr 4, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #4,817 of 4,909
Thinking about getting the NDH30 over the HD660S2

Haven't been able to decide my choice :/
There's no wrong choice on that but I did prefer the 30 to my liking more.
Had both and the black definitely had more treble than the silver version. Although I kept the Black one as it sounded better for me i‘m not sure meanwhile if the treble might even be a little too much. Especially hihats in Electronic Music are often very present.
Now that I thought of it, there might be merit on your statement 🤔

Apr 4, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #4,818 of 4,909
Had both and the black definitely had more treble than the silver version. Although I kept the Black one as it sounded better for me i‘m not sure meanwhile if the treble might even be a little too much. Especially hihats in Electronic Music are often very present.
They are the same headphone, but as with all headphones noticeable sample variation is common.

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #4,822 of 4,909
@Mike F
I have not questioned this, although at the moment the reason for the difference - different treble due to (individual) sample or (general) model variation - seems speculative to me.
Sample variation exists with the NDH 30 as much as it does with any other headphone that I’ve heard more than one of. I’ve heard four 30’s, four 660Ss, two 650s - none the same as another of the same type. I’ve heard differences in other identical’ headphones as well, Shure and Sony to mention a few. In fact some headphone measurement sites show variations in FR between multiple samples. However, I think it’s also the case that manufacturers (Sennheiser included for sure) do alter products over time without announcing any changes publicly. So, yeah…..!

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #4,824 of 4,909
Sample variation exists with the NDH 30 as much as it does with any other headphone that I’ve heard more than one of. I’ve heard four 30’s, four 660Ss, two 650s - none the same as another of the same type. I’ve heard differences in other identical’ headphones as well, Shure and Sony to mention a few. In fact some headphone measurement sites show variations in FR between multiple samples. However, I think it’s also the case that manufacturers (Sennheiser included for sure) do alter products over time without announcing any changes publicly. So, yeah…..!
.... heck, 'sample variation' occasionally describes my ears. After a day when the headphone audio system sounds celestial, the next day that system sounds infernal. On those days: ... "do something else ... extra workout ..."

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #4,825 of 4,909
Strange that the BE is a bit cheaper (at least not the same price) as the silver. I might wait for a B- stock though….. IF I do it! 😉
8565DF34-C897-41C4-9C3E-42C7A8DF9FEF.png

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #4,827 of 4,909
Apr 4, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #4,829 of 4,909
Sennheiser has a +/- 1,5db variation tolerance across the frequency range for most of their headphones in place for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back