Neumann NDH 30
Sep 1, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #3,184 of 5,008
OK, I found it, but it says nothing about being limited to 1000 pieces on the video or on Neumann's site....

1693561484969.png

why would i even lie about something like this....

Sep 1, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #3,185 of 5,008

why would i even lie about something like this....
I wasn't thinking for a second that you were lying...... I just don't believe that the black editions will be limited to 1000 pieces. I'm really sure that they've sold more than that number already. I have two for a start! :wink: And again, if you follow the link to the actual Neumann site there's nothing about it being a limited edition there, as far as I can see......

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #3,186 of 5,008
The cheapest price for these in Denmark:- https://www.scandinavianphoto.dk/neumann/ndh-30-1054628 Thats about €503. It says to contact customer service (kundeservice) for international orders. I've had mine a couple of days. Beautifully made, very comfortable and the tuning is perfect for me (especially for string quartets, piano and choral).

Sep 1, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #3,187 of 5,008
Ha! You mean the S2 that sounds quite similar to the S1...... and the 650, and 600, and......... :wink:
Hi Mike ....while waiting on those 30s...confirming the similarities of those other ones. : )
IMG_8410.JPG
In the name of scientific research or maybe just an impulse buy, either way I've now what would be my 4th HD660S. lol :sunglasses:
Only an hour or so of comparisons but its like having identical twins and coming to terms with what makes them different, if not for the copper and silver, on some selections I'd be hard pressed to tell them apart.
Would say the S2 has slightly more meat on the bone, but only very slightly so there is an improvement all round in harmonic naturalness, maybe better defined layering and a touch more bass extension making the S2 ever so slightly warmer, the S may have a bit more happening in the treble, like peaks, but beyond my hearing, sorry. :rolling_eyes:
I believe it is in long term listening where the differences are most apparent and quick A B comparisons only force the brain in creating a level playing field
Having had 3 previous pairs of HD660S I can say the newer S2 does engage me more "musically" and that is what is important but maybe not worth the price difference for some.

Sep 1, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #3,189 of 5,008
You will find the 30 far more different to those than they are to each other, I’m sure
I would think so, unlike yourself though they're not for professional use so more of a hobby, obviously there's the sound but the all metal and collapsible form factor makes them a rather unique headphone to have.

Sep 1, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #3,190 of 5,008
I would think so, unlike yourself though they're not for professional use so more of a hobby, obviously there's the sound but the all metal and collapsible form factor makes them a rather unique headphone to have.
It doubles as roadie monitor hence it’s construction and folds like an armadillo that can take a beating or beat some rowdy individual that touches board dials 😂

Sep 1, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #3,191 of 5,008
Its doubles as roadie monitor hence it’s construction and folds like an armadillo that can take a beating or beat some rowdy individual that touches board dials 😂
Going to my countryside house several times this summer I learned (lately) to simply use the pouch that comes with the NDH 30 for transportation. It is much better than I thought initially, its fabric is soft but also dense and very durable. Excellent for putting it in a backpack even with other hard things like books, small boxes/devices etc. The headphone being solid and foldable is very well protected with it. If you like you can also wrap the NDH 30 with thin bubble foil and then insert it in the pouch. I don't, it is not really necessary in my backpack.

Sep 1, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #3,192 of 5,008
Going to my countryside house several times this summer I learned (lately) to simply use the pouch that comes with the NDH 30 for transportation. It is much better than I thought initially, its fabric is soft but also dense and very durable. Excellent for putting it in a backpack even with other hard things like books, small boxes/devices etc. The headphone being solid and foldable is very well protected with it. If you like you can also wrap the NDH 30 with thin bubble foil and then insert it in the pouch. I don't, it is not really necessary in my backpack.
I just use cotton canvas drawstring bags for everything 😅
IMG_3972.jpeg

Sep 1, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #3,193 of 5,008
On Dec 10th I've also got my tickets for Loreena McKennit. : )
Lucky you! I missed ALL her appearances in Greece! :cry: Who knows when she will return... I have almost all her studio albums though and one or two recent lives. She sounds better than ever through the Neumann and these headphones just seem to be made especially for the instruments she selects. Still, I envy you for being there! :disappointed:

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #3,194 of 5,008
they say there is only 1000 of those
Not confirmed by the Greek importer. They have no such information from Neumann and they think that the two versions of the NDH 20 will run in parallel.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #3,195 of 5,008
We're on the NDH 30 thread, but perhaps @headstef would know the answer. Would a balanced trrs 2.5mm and an unbalanced trs 2.5mm connector be cross compatible with their balanced and unbalanced female connectors?

Maybe it's possible, but I doubt that you can use a balanced 2.5mm in an unbalanced female 2.5mm or vice versa?
On the TRRS plug for the Neumann ear cups, the inner two R,S contacts carry the (-) signal. Thus for both female socket scenarios, both drivers will get to connect to the (-) SR plug contacts, either through one shared or through two individual contacts in the female.
For a hypothetical TRS plug, the S will be longer (replacing inner R,S of the TRRS). Again, both drivers will get the (-) signal with both female scenarios.
So, unless I am missing something else, the headphones should work properly in all four possible combinations. If all are sonically equal it is another matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back