Neumann NDH 30
Oct 12, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #77 of 5,130
Cool! Can you take more photos? All parts and process
Will post some more as I go. This frame has a different hole placement, so I need to print a new jig and take some measurements to make sure I can cram that jack all up in there. That's a tomorrow project :) I have a very high confidence this will go as planned, despite needing a little rework.

Oct 12, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #78 of 5,130
Will post some more as I go. This frame has a different hole placement, so I need to print a new jig and take some measurements to make sure I can cram that jack all up in there. That's a tomorrow project :) I have a very high confidence this will go as planned, despite needing a little rework.
I'm keeping an eye on it! :)

Oct 12, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #79 of 5,130
I just can’t understand one thing - if all the pumped audiophiles have gathered here, why this topic about Neumann NDH 30 hasn’t exploded so far ???
After all, this is really a huge breakthrough among everything we know in open headphones under $2000 - they are all just on their knees or lying face down. Doesn't anyone hear???
I have been comparing this with about all the tops in dynamics and planars for almost two months now, and they all nervously smoke standing next with NDH 30 and put your head down:)
Yes. I don't listen to it on a portable - I only listen on a professional audio device. But this is not at all like what other top-end open headphones given up to this time.
Not only is the difference in sound so striking that, for example, the HD660s just sound like $50 compared to the NDH 30! But also, the devil is in the details!
They literally everything is accurate and honest and very cool - the sound stage, stereo separation, transients, high detail, transparency, etc! The entire frequency range is literally on a new level.
It just mercilessly shows the essence of the track and I can now say with confidence that almost 70% of the popular tracks among audiophiles are recorded and mixed like crap :frowning2:
Only a few, at the moment, have passed the selection and proved the right to be listened. Almost all the classics in the highest quality are recorded as crap! I was able to draw out only a few authors who recorded their classical music with dignity.
The NDH 30 doesn't seem to have such a complex design inside, what did they do with them so that they are so different from the others? What's the catch?:)

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #80 of 5,130
your brain
I just can’t understand one thing - if all the pumped audiophiles have gathered here, why this topic about Neumann NDH 30 hasn’t exploded so far ???
After all, this is really a huge breakthrough among everything we know in open headphones under $2000 - they are all just on their knees or lying face down. Doesn't anyone hear???
I have been comparing this with about all the tops in dynamics and planars for almost two months now, and they all nervously smoke standing next with NDH 30 and put your head down:)
Yes. I don't listen to it on a portable - I only listen on a professional audio device. But this is not at all like what other top-end open headphones given up to this time.
Not only is the difference in sound so striking that, for example, the HD660s just sound like $50 compared to the NDH 30! But also, the devil is in the details!
They literally everything is accurate and honest and very cool - the sound stage, stereo separation, transients, high detail, transparency, etc! The entire frequency range is literally on a new level.
It just mercilessly shows the essence of the track and I can now say with confidence that almost 70% of the popular tracks among audiophiles are recorded and mixed like crap :frowning2:
Only a few, at the moment, have passed the selection and proved the right to be listened. Almost all the classics in the highest quality are recorded as crap! I was able to draw out only a few authors who recorded their classical music with dignity.
The NDH 30 doesn't seem to have such a complex design inside, what did they do with them so that they are so different from the others? What's the catch?:)

Oct 12, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #81 of 5,130
70% of the popular tracks among audiophiles are recorded and mixed like crap
No, NDH exaggerates 4,5-5,5 khz so if only mix is a little bright, on Neumann`s it will become pain to listen.Bright, revealing and "fresh" sounding mix doesn`t mean crap.

Oct 12, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #82 of 5,130
No, NDH exaggerates 4,5-5,5 khz so if only mix is a little bright, on Neumann`s it will become pain to listen.Bright, revealing and "fresh" sounding mix doesn`t mean crap.
First of all - I didn't write bright or fresh, I wrote crap.
Secondly, I wrote about the quality of the recording and the mastery of mixing and setting the track. This set of skills is beyond the power of most musicians and musical groups, for a number of many reasons :)

And that's where the NDH 30 show their strength and power to the fullest - they show the true value and quality of the track - as high-quality modern headphones should do!

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #83 of 5,130
I understood why I could not call myself an audiophile before, despite the fact that I listened to a lot of high-quality music - I did not have a Neumann NDH 30! :) Now I have also transformed into ...:)

Oct 17, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #84 of 5,130

I wrote about this earlier using only my hearing and experience - and here is the exact and final confirmation:​

The NDH 30 is a brush-up of the closed-type studio reference headphone "NDH 20" ( released in 2019 ), and was developed with the aim of reproducing the sound of the KH monitor speakers cultivated by Neumann. Equipped with a newly developed driver, it pursues "high resolution and sharp localization like a KH monitor speaker", and the structure of the housing has also been changed to an open type unlike the NDH 20. In addition, the performance of parts other than the driver has also been improved. NDH 20 will continue to be sold together.

Neumann has continued to make products based on the sound philosophy of "accurately reproducing the recorded sound" in monitor speakers. This time, Mr. Axel Grell, who has been involved in the development of high-end headphones "HD 650", "HD 800" and "HE1" at Sennheiser, currently belongs to Neumann as a freelancer, and has been involved in the development of NDH 30. is said to be deeply involved in Axel Grell, who has been involved in the development of high-end headphones at Sennheiser, is also deeply involved in the development of the NDH 30.

Main features of NDH 30​

In general, for accurate monitoring with monitor speakers, the space in which the speakers with flat response are placed must have non-parallel walls to reduce standing waves, and an acoustic diffusion wall to reduce flutter echoes. It is necessary to adjust the room acoustics, such as placing the body on the back wall, reflections on the ceiling and side walls, and placing sound absorbing materials to reduce bass resonance. Also, you need to adjust the speakers.

In addition to the KH series of monitor speakers, Neumann offers the system "MA 1" that can automatically correct the sound field and the dedicated software "Automatic Monitor Alignment". The NDH 30 was developed with the aim of reproducing the playback sound of the KH monitor speakers adjusted with these on headphones.

The NDH 30 is equipped with a newly developed dynamic driver (transducer) that improves bass response and linearity. It uses a neodymium magnet like the conventional NDH 20, and the size is also the same with a diameter of 38 mm, but the number and material of the "membrane" of the diaphragm are significantly different. The newly developed membrane material used in the NDH 30 realizes the characteristics of the NDH 20, which was produced by two membranes, with a single membrane.0

Conventionally, the NDH 20 is equipped with a driver using Sennheiser's patented Doufol film, which consists of two films: a hard foil that improves impulse response and a soft foil that dampens local resonances. was used by stacking

In the NDH 30, this is made into a single piece, and by lowering the resonance frequency, the bass response and linearity are enhanced. The stiffness and damping of partial resonance improve the transient response, realizing "high resolution and sharp localization similar to KH monitor speakers."

The new driver is also designed to be installed inside the housing. As a result, it reproduces the "optimal stereo triangle" as if you were listening to the sound in front of the stereo speakers. In addition, the NDH 30 achieves a distortion rate of 0.03% or less, exceeding the high performance of the NDH 20 of 0.1% or less.

The cable dedicated to the NDH 30 is a new design, and unlike general headphone cables, the left and right channel grounds are separated. The crosstalk caused by the voltage drop due to the resistance of the common ground conductor between channels has been greatly reduced, improving channel separation. The cable is detachable, and the headphone side terminal supports 2.5mm 4-pole balance. The input side is a 3.5mm stereo mini plug, and can be used with unbalanced connections that are often used with studio equipment.

We pursued a comfortable wearability even for long hours of studio work by reducing weight while maintaining a sense of rigidity. Specifically, the hard-to-break iron headband and tough ear cups follow the NDH 20, but are about 10% lighter. The weight without cables is about 352g (NDH 20 is about 388g). The earpads are made of a material that feels good on the ears.

The frequency response is 12Hz to 34kHz (-3dB), the maximum allowable input is 1,000mW, and the sound pressure is 104dB SPL (1kHz/1Vrms). Impedance is 120Ω. Comes with a 6.3mm standard adapter.

https://news-mynavi-jp.translate.go...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #85 of 5,130
I was wondering if these headphones can be an update for my HD600 that I have been using 20+ years. Lat night, I happened to find this Japanese newsletter (translated) which is enough to let me decide to order a pair. I honestly don't expect anything spectacular, and I rather wish these are not too different from HD600 that I accustomed to but with some improvements here and there. Let's see.

https://news-mynavi-jp.translate.go...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #86 of 5,130
I was wondering if these headphones can be an update for my HD600 that I have been using 20+ years. Lat night, I happened to find this Japanese newsletter (translated) which is enough to let me decide to order a pair. I honestly don't expect anything spectacular, and I rather wish these are not too different from HD600 that I accustomed to but with some improvements here and there. Let's see.

As I already wrote to you - you will be one of the first to see the light :)
That's right - the less you wait - the more you get! :)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #87 of 5,130
Let's raise! :)

Flume - Palaces (2022) [24-48]
Jean Michel Jarre - OXYMORE (2022) [24-48]
Jean Michel Jarre - OXYMORE (Binaural Headphone Mix) (2022) [24-48]

Only the NDH 30 brings these tracks to the table in such a refined and phenomenal way! :)
If you are mature enough - enjoy!:)

Oct 25, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #88 of 5,130
As I already wrote to you - you will be one of the first to see the light*** :)
That's right - the less you wait - the more you get! :)
*** And you, I guess, are the anointed messenger…🧎‍♂️🧎‍♂️🧎‍♂️? Humbug !!

Oct 25, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #90 of 5,130
I understood why I could not call myself an audiophile before, despite the fact that I listened to a lot of high-quality music - I did not have a Neumann NDH 30! :) Now I have also transformed into ...:)
🤴👑

Users who are viewing this thread

Back