Neumann NDH 30
Sep 27, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #3,784 of 5,004
I have to promise myself to never listen to this if I ever get a chance.

You will be disappointed. It’s a neutral and natural sound profile without any “excitement” and if you find NDH30 lacking dynamics HE1 will be boring as hell for you.

Sep 27, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #3,785 of 5,004
Joke aside, buy Mike a good bottle of Whiskey and ask him to come to your place to help you design a room for your future SCM150.
Think I'm good.....

...even turns into a home cinema.

....and a little headphone station. : )

...but a trip to Finland would be fun. : )

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #3,787 of 5,004
The past would have been more like it. Had my Auratones for mixing way back when. lol
Monitors were Celestion SL6S and Bryston Amps, headphones were AKG K240DFs
Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 5.26.43 PM.png
I was nine when you took that picture haha. Would love to hear what got out of there. Even more what didn't get out of there haha !

So you would put 60K on a pair of headphone before putting 25K on some sexy 150ASL and 20K in a room ?

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #3,790 of 5,004
So you would put 60K on a pair of headphone before putting 25K on some sexy 150ASL and 20K in a room ?
Problem is that, if you are building from scratch (which is usually the only way to get ideal room dimensions), the ATC150ASL plus worthy pre-amp (we'll assume a good source) plus a large room with good construction are going to come to way more than 60K.

IF...... it provides an ultimate listening experience, the HE1 is a bit of a bargain! If you already have a near ideal (large) room then it's a different matter.

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #3,791 of 5,004
Problem is that, if you are building from scratch (which is usually the only way to get ideal room dimensions), the ATC150ASL plus worthy pre-amp (we'll assume a good source) plus a large room with good construction are going to come to way more than 60K.

IF...... it provides an ultimate listening experience, the HE1 is a bit of a bargain! If you already have a near ideal (large) room then it's a different matter.
150ASL Pro are 23K$ a pair (Self powered).
I don't know with what you build your room but I was way under 15'000$ CAD to build my studio. Flush mounting my Lipinski's would have cost me 2'000$ more maximum. Thankfully, they don't need to be flush mounted.

If I was to build a building completely independent of my place, I would most likely be in the 60K$ water with the footing, roofing and whole building. Maybe its the Finnish material prices that make you say that. We don't have that sort of cost in Canada (yet).

P.S. I'm not counting the man time as I did it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back